• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wall St Journal feature on a 2002

TR

Maybe we'll see him at The Vintage in Asheville 2016. Car has nice wheels.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

On 9/9/2015 at 6:28 AM, adawil2002 said:

...Car has nice wheels.

+1

The classic Ronal "Kleeblatt" (German for "cloverleaf"). Technically a Ronal R2.

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hmm, that car looks a lot like the '1976 2002tii' being used in the Coco mats ad in the Roundull for the past couple of months...

Bob-  not the same car.  I've been meaning to contact them about the "1976 tii"  nonsense.  Bah.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Someone left a copy of that on my desk at work yesterday.  Still trying to figure out who it was.  I noticed the Ronal Kleeblatt wheels on the car in the article.  I have the same wheels on my '74 daily driver.

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Bob-  not the same car.  I've been meaning to contact them about the "1976 tii"  nonsense.  Bah.

Are you sure, Jim? Granted, there's a different set of mats in the car for the WSJ article, but even the antenna base is the same. Maybe I should contact Mr. Wardell to get to the bottom of this:)

bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Hi, All. Yep, it's my '76 '02! And, yes, I'm on the forum - have been for several years - "fwardell". I tried to add a new post with a link to this article a few days ago, but somehow it never made it on the board - rejected perhaps?

Anyway, here's some information to clear up the mystery. First, it's the same '02 as in the Cocomat ad, except it has their new line of mats, which are a bit different from mine - brighter orange. I don't know where they got the idea that it's a tii, maybe because of the clock I added to the dash. Obviously, as we all know the last tii was 1974. I mentioned that but there's been no change. 

Regarding the WSJ article, I found it odd that some versions (mostly big cities, but not Charlotte) were color and some black and white. Imagine my disappointment to open up my copy to see b&w! At least the on-line version has nice bright colors - and many more photos. And, though it looks nice and shiny, it's driven, and driven enthusiastically, most days of the week . . . and waxed occasionally. Also, correct on the wheels: Ronal R2s. 

I try to keep it looking stock but have enhanced many hidden features: battery to trunk, fully desmogged CA car, Weber 38/38, Pertronix, etc. Would like to add a 5-speed tranny. I've been to the Vintage a number of times, not last year, and intend to attend Asheville. Hope to see you there!

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed