• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15" Steel Wheel help

southgabimmer

Hey everybody!

So I've been looking for a set of steel wheels in 15x6" or 15x7" (4x100 obviously) with an offset between 18-33. I saw this beautiful 02 (kudos to its owner) pop up on my Instagram feed and I just love the wheels on this car! So now I'm looking for a similar set for my own 74' project. I can tell the wheels in this photo have a pretty low offset, I'm guessing between 10 and 20, so it looks like the owner had to do some slight fender rolling which I am perfectly ok with.

r0OhrbV.png

So, any suggestions on what steel wheels or where I can get some, besides e30 steelies (which are 14")???

Thanks All! 

Yes, I'm pretty convinced they are 15". If you compare the tire profile to yours, you can tell in the pic i posted it is much less. I can tell they aren't e30 steelies because the design of the wheel is just completely different. Now I do believe it is possible that the owner of the car I posted has widened the barrel of his steelies because that dish is close to that of champagnolos or similar old deep dish 13" wheel.

Also the scion wheels look close to what I'm looking for but are just slightly different looking (obviously less dish), size wise they look like they would fit. 

Still accepting submissions! Thank you all for your replies though!

Grover,

I have to say that I love your car. I think it's perfect. I've wanted to ditch my knee trim since I first saw your car a few years ago. It's so clean. Very well done. (Now, back to the original post.)

I'd agree that I'm not convinced those are 15's, they look very similar to the 14" steelies on my car. Maybe widened, I don't know. steelie1_zpsxrz0asht.jpg

mike tunney

I'd agree that I'm not convinced those are 15's, they look very similar to the 14" steelies on my car. Maybe widened, I don't know. steelie1_zpsxrz0asht.jpg

Ahh, I forgot to say I LOVE your car as well!!! I meant to mention it in my 3rd post but forgot due to class  :lol:  seriously nice car and yes, it makes me want e30 steelies!

Stockton Wheel in...Stockton, CA, could build any size you desire. They can take, for instance, e30 steelie centers and, with a new barrel, give you 15x6 or 15x7 rims in whatever ET you desire.

Not that I would EVER condone modifying a restorable set of rare period rims, they could even make a set of 15x7 "Alpina steelies" from an original set of 14x6 Alpina NK steelies or any of the 13" Alpina '02 steelies, giving you the 15 "lipped" round holes. They'd still say "Lemmerz" or "CMR" on their, respective, faces and generations of rim historians would scratch their heads and marvel at these rare rims! I'm sorry it took me so long to realize this, however, as I had to discard two 13x6 Borrani steelies a few years back that absolutely could not be made true; they could have been the basis for some awesome larger rims, assuming barrel replacement would have solved their issues!

Good luck,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I found an interesting site. Look for interesting wheel according to specs and you see which cars you could find them from. Low offset is a problem though. Once I had Opel Calibra 15x6 wheels where I took centers off and moved them to change ET. It's doable with simple tools but takes some time to make them straight.

http://www.oponeo.ie/steel-wheels-finder#&&/wEXCAUTcGNrX1RyTFNCb2x0UGF0dGVybgUFNHgxMDAFDHBja19UckxTSG9sZQUBMAUHcGNrX0NQZwUBMQUHcGNrX0lQUAUCMjQFCnBja19UckxTUFQFATAFDHBja19UckxTRGlhbQUCMTUFCHBja19JT0ZQBQIyNAUKcGNrX1RyTFNQRgUBMIWHWaxdMkwntWFkdGy9hEhCOVd3

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!