• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$500 to the person who can tell me where to find Speedracer_2002

danco_

I am still waiting but have been told I will receive my money back tomorrow, and that I am the last one on the list (it's possible I was actually the last one to this, er, party, having sent payment on Sept. 6). I will report back tomorrow with an update.

-David

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Hey, guys- about a year and a half ago, Speedracer hijacked a sale ad from another seller on ebay. I noticed the same photos in this forum and contacted the eBay seller (who I did end up successfully purchasing the car from) and was informed that Speedracer had failed to buy it from him six months earlier. I asked SR about this confusing sale and he talked trash about the seller and the whole deal, none of which was true. I was lucky that I caught the duplication and was already in negotiations with the real seller (also in NM by the way) who knew of him.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/150971-parting-out-1973-bmw-2002/

From the seller:

"Chris good morning, it's definitely him, the photos that were used in that ad on the 2002 forum are my photos that I originally sent to him. It's amazing to me that he was actually listing the car& parts for sale before he had paid for or even had it in his possession!  I reported them to the 2002 list  moderator yesterday, I wasted a lot of time on that guy going back-and-forth over that car all boiled down to him finally admitting to me that his dad wouldn't allow him to take the car home."

Point is, this kid isn't going to stop here. Some assholes just aren't capable of remorse and Speedracer is clearly going to continue to rip people off somewhere, somehow in the future. I really feel sorry for his dad who apparently bails him out of his stupid scams.

If you guys are willing to go there, it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and pursue legal action. If it was me I totally would.

At least this story has a happy financial ending, for the time being. I've only followed this thread because I love the FAQ, enjoy a good train wreck, and don't want to see any '02ers getting robbed, now or in the future. What I'm curious about is how many folks he scammed on R3V and Vortex. I don't play in those sandboxes. Anybody got an idea of the total scope of this swindle...Ryan? I agree with Artcop. This guy is a sociopathic liar and isn't finished lying and stealing. The balls...to post on this forum and refer to his misdeeds as a "big misunderstanding." Get a rope.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Seems to me, who has never bought or sold anything on eBay and don't get PayPal at all, that rejoicing in repayment is only half the article here. I hate a thief and I have been stolen from. I understand the evident relief by those who have received their money back, but I think this is a serial hustler and even if you get your money back this guy seems to have a hustlers attitude. As PT Barnum said, "there is a sucker born every minute".

I don't know the process, but for all of the automotive communities, this guy needs to be brought to the attention of the authorities. If his father is involved in satisfying your claims, then good for him, but what a hell of a situation to be in with your kid. I think it would be helping the Old Man out by having his kid busted. Otherwise Dad is enabling this miscreant.

Individual relief, but collective outrage, from all those touched by this guy is what is really necessary. You all get to decide. For my part, I'd have Guido & Vito, the Wishbone Bros on the way for some sort of corrective action, but I'm just not very sophisticated and that is the way I think.

Ryan, you have researched and led the charge here, and apparently, well done, but Perhaps you might be best to close this circle. Are there any attorney's or law enforcement here willing to advise or point the direction to close this out properly? I do hate a thief.

I got an email overnight from "Adam West" that he hadn't been able to get to the bank yesterday and would refund my money this morning. BS.

I just filed a Paypal dispute, which was immediately escalated to a claim by Paypal--I suspect the "Matt Sandoval"/"Adam West"/ruzcas101@gmail.com address has been turned off again. 

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

• Administrators

To those who received your money from accounts other then where you sent your original payment, my suggestion is to email that person to verify that they really iintended to send the money to you. This way you will know if this is another scam.  if you received a true PayPal refund, you are safe.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

For what it's worth PayPal has no backbone when it comes to standing up to banks. So if you do make a friends and family payment that goes south, you can file a fraud dispute with the bank the funds came from. PayPal will refund the $$ and pull funds from the recipient.

I found out the hard way - shady character paid a non refundable deposit on my e30 and after I drove 2 hours to make the deal and he flaked the money to cover my gas and time was taken.

I've always offered a friends and family option when I sell parts, but I think watching this debacle will push me to only accept official goods and services payments from folks I don't know.

For what it's worth PayPal has no backbone when it comes to standing up to banks. So if you do make a friends and family payment that goes south, you can file a fraud dispute with the bank the funds came from. PayPal will refund the $$ and pull funds from the recipient.

I found out the hard way - shady character paid a non refundable deposit on my e30 and after I drove 2 hours to make the deal and he flaked the money to cover my gas and time was taken.

I've always offered a friends and family option when I sell parts, but I think watching this debacle will push me to only accept official goods and services payments from folks I don't know.

Friends and family I will use for FAQ regulars and people I have done business with before. All others it's a purchase for goods. That's my thing. I don't even mind paying the few extra bucks to cover the PayPal fees. Although when I list something for sale I expect to pay those fees as a cost of doing business.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com