• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early oval Ansa. Found on a '74 at Lime Rock Historic Race Weekend in CT.

post-38744-0-89655900-1442439343_thumb.j 

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Neat air box... I believe those are Solex DDH carbs, even... Little bit different starter chokes than mine, but same jet cover.

post-42878-0-01382500-1442522810_thumb.j

What's that shielded cable leading from the cam sprocket to the firewall??  Looks almost like a speedo cable...

Interesting radiator... check the fill port and the straight shot to the water neck.  Must have an electric pusher fan on it...

Love those adjustable strut tops, too.

Verrrrrry interesting...

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Got that old locking Gas Cap but I need to get a key made somehow :(

A good locksmith can make a key. Reminds me mine have been at the locksmith for 1.5 years. I have 2 with keys and 2 without.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Would love to find more pics/info on this. 684da338c20cef52ecb3140f1651c6cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No snorkel, cable maybe a tachometer drive, wonder about the smaller tube under the air box main air hose. Might be remote oil cooler. Early fluid reservoir, 6 fuses and brake servo...could this be a 1600ti?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

No snorkel, cable maybe a tachometer drive, wonder about the smaller tube under the air box main air hose. Might be remote oil cooler. Early fluid reservoir, 6 fuses and brake servo...could this be a 1600ti?

Could be this ;-)

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/22682-koepchen-2002/

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Neat air box... I believe those are Solex DDH carbs, even... Little bit different starter chokes than mine, but same jet cover.

attachicon.gifSolex 40DDHT.jpg

What's that shielded cable leading from the cam sprocket to the firewall??  Looks almost like a speedo cable...

Interesting radiator... check the fill port and the straight shot to the water neck.  Must have an electric pusher fan on it...

Verrrrrry interesting...

Ed

Tacho Drive cable.  As far as I know Koepchen exclusively used Solex carby's  (48's on their race cars).  Some of the twin cam Schnitzer engines (M12's as well) run the tacho cable off of the intake cam.....or off of the injection pump (as is the case with my car).

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Edited by markmac

attachicon.gifSolex 40DDHT.jpg

Verrrrrry interesting...

Ed

Could it be a tach drive cable? Some were mechanical back in the day.