• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I may be old. (Ceylon content)

BLUNT

185/13's  4 speed, stock exhaust, Unknown Schrick cam,32/36  ,Bilstein HD on stock springs. All new everything. Maybe Im getting old or maybe Ive never driven a basically stock 02 but this is the nicest 02 Ive ever driven.  Many thanks to Darryl for all the help transforming this car

20150917_191950_zpsud5r9smm.jpg

20150917_191934_zpsevalnyqu.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Not a common color, and IIRC only offered in '72 and '73, like Turkis (which may have leaked into '74).  Have only seen a half dozen Ceylon '02s in 40-some years, and several of them were in salvage yards.  Has anyone ever seen a squarelight in Ceylon?

Nice car, Steve.

mike 

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Yeah, that looks great, right down to the hubcaps.  Mine is stock and lots of fun.  Sometimes we get together a gang of people to go on drives, and occasionally the guys with the wide tires, lowered suspensions, and thick sways are saying "I need skinnier tires...it would be more fun".  

The Ceylon is cool - you really never see it; at least I don't.  Nice car.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

The last two "Ceylon cars" I saw were black and red, respectively: both had been re-painted at some point in their histories! And although I have seen precious few Ceylon cars, I didn't like the color much in the '70s. But this is friggin' beautiful, and just screams "PERIOD APPROPRIATE" to me. LOVE the car, Steve! That is an '02 color for the ages!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)