• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I may be old. (Ceylon content)

BLUNT

Not a common color, and IIRC only offered in '72 and '73, like Turkis (which may have leaked into '74). Have only seen a half dozen Ceylon '02s in 40-some years, and several of them were in salvage yards. Has anyone ever seen a squarelight in Ceylon?...

Ceylon and Turkis both appear in the October 1972 global, all-models Farben und Polster brochure (1973 model year color brochure). Ceylon, however, disappears from the September 1973 Farben und Polster brochure (1974 model year color brochure), while Turkis remains, disappearing only 5 months later from the February 1974 "mid-year" Farben und Polster brochure. We've seen April 1974 Turkis cars, thus a few months after it was pulled from the color chart. So I suppose a Ceylon square taillight is conceivable, just not likely. I've never seen a Ceylon square taillight, that I knew to be original or otherwise!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Ceylon and Turkis both appear in the October 1972 global, all-models Farben und Polster brochure (1973 model year color brochure). Ceylon, however, disappears from the September 1973 Farben und Polster brochure (1974 model year color brochure), while Turkis remains, disappearing only 5 months later from the February 1974 "mid-year" Farben und Polster brochure. We've seen April 1974 Turkis cars, thus a few months after it was pulled from the color chart. So I suppose a Ceylon square taillight is conceivable, just not likely. I've never seen a Ceylon square taillight, that I knew to be original or otherwise!

Regards,

Steve

Dar_on_'s squaretail is Turkis.

BTW Steve already sold the car. No ice cream changed hands.

(No, not to me!)

:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Dang, that car is gorgeous. Blunt, let me know if you ever want to sell it. I'm in Mpls.

Sorry  Its already sold.. I sold two 02s to twin sisters in NJ. This leaves Monday/ The red 74 Tii is already out there in Jersey

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Here's a pic of my former 73 E3 Ceylon Bavaria. It originally had a 3.0L with an autotragic. PO replaced the drivetrain from a 79 E24 (3.3L and 4 speed) along with converting it from carbs to L-jet EFI. I bought that car for $400 complete with 14" 5 lug Alpina's.  I kept the Alpina's when I sold the car.   The body was rough as you can see in the pics but that Bavaria liked to run. I miss that one...

G-Man

post-32299-0-93189300-1442717315_thumb.j

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Nice to see a Ceylon thread. Mine is a '72 Tii in original color. Was luke warm when I saw it since gold not generally my thing either but it has really grown on me. Driving it is like being in a parade. Everyone waves at you and they are often taking pictures as well.

Bryan

Ceylon '72 tii

PNW

Dar_on_'s squaretail is Turkis....

Yes, I believe his is one of the April '74 Turkis cars we've noted thus far... Turkis didn't disappear until the February '74 brochure, so there are quite a few Turkis square taillights.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)