• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Security systems, how do you prevent theft ?

gary

3 minutes ago, iinca said:

yeah. pitbull security system. trumps everything

that doggie looks tense...

Pit, Black Lab mix and the nicest and smartest dog you ever meet.

Wasn't a fan when he showed up, but best dog ever had. Little over three years old.

He's on squirrel patrol. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, West Palm 2002 said:

No, I’m calling myself a Idiot, I started the post and never followed through and bought a security system.

A-ha!

I was concerned poor Gary wasn't getting a fair shake, but it sounds like you know him all too well.

Cheers.

I use a hidden race car style power cut-off, mostly for working on the car but also useful if you take the handle with you when you park in public areas. Hagerty ran an article recently that addresses classic car theft: https://www.hagerty.com/assets/PDF/TheftPamphlet.pdf. Biggest threat is a flatbed hauling the car away, all of the above preventions are moot. 

• Like 1

'72 BMW 2002tii

'00 Porsche 911

4 hours ago, fjord-tii said:

I use a hidden race car style power cut-off, mostly for working on the car but also useful if you take the handle with you when you park in public areas. Hagerty ran an article recently that addresses classic car theft: https://www.hagerty.com/assets/PDF/TheftPamphlet.pdf. Biggest threat is a flatbed hauling the car away, all of the above preventions are moot. 

If your parking outside 'boot it!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LeeJohn said:

My friend but a boa constrictor    He sleeps in car at night.   big sign on car "warning live snake inside"

never had a problem   Hagerty even gave him a discount 

we need a photo of that one

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?