• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kinda Cool...My '72 tii to be on Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."

COOP

I saw the post on Instagram and thought it might be COOP's tii!  Congrats on being selected!  Comedians in Cars is an absolutely brilliant show.  Agree that Baldwin killed it in that episode, but for me, the all-timer was Jerry taking Carl Reiner to breakfast in a Rolls Royce, and then joining Reiner and Mel Brooks for dinner at Carl's house.  Jerry picks up food at Nate n Al in Beverly Hills in his 70 911S.

Great to see the tii getting such pub!

1972 2002tii VIN 2761819

Just to clarify, it was not someone at the "Legends of the Autobahn," it was Eric Ries, BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter President, who put the word out on a different forum. 

They were looking for a "bone-stock" roundie for a video, but were not forthcoming with the details.  It wasn't until later I learned it was for Jerry Seinfeld to drive.  I managed to get a couple of shots of Daniel's car to Eric, who forwarded them to CCC's people.  After putting Daniel in touch with CCC's Producer, I let them hash out the remaining details.

As Daniel mentioned, of the numerous candidates offered up, Jerry personally selected his Baikal tii for the show.

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I love to watch Jerry.  He cares about the cars and I love the way he blends the car and his guest...is this a car show or talk show...love it.  

Your car looks great.

For him to pick your car says a lot about the guy who owns it !

Congratulations!

Edited by BeMyWay

Light is seriously underrated.

Coop, a huge congratulations. Yours is the perfect car for this adventure. 

And great to know that Mr. Seinfeld has a taste for Baikal. Kudos, my friend...

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

that is really awesome...congrats...

this will increase even more the hot presence of 02's on the radar.

I love that show.....but I must admit there have been a few episodes I just went fast forward.

Baldwin had me laughing out loud, and Letterman was fun....his story about how P L Newman "arranged" the hot rod volvo wagon purchase was hysterical.

anyhew.....cant wait to see it.

Edited by jrkoupe

That is some serious company mr tii is keeping there, z28m, singer porsche or maybe an ST, RSK x 2, maybe a 356 of some sort obscured behind the z28, knowing him it is probably a 4 cam carrera.....looks like pretty nice digs for your tii (watch out, he might like it so much it could become a permanent addition....haha)

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Seinfeld is a serious car collector and a huge Porsche guy. he has one of finest collections of Porsches in the world. He owns 104 cars including some of the earliest 356's, the first 911 imported to the US, a 550 Spyder (the model James Dean died in), a rare 959 and many other extremely valuable original and custom Porsches. Apparently he doesn't own a 2002 though, niener neiner