• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kinda Cool...My '72 tii to be on Seinfeld's "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee."

COOP

JS only buys Porsches & VWs. Period. He loved my car but he's a one marque (Ferdinand) collector. It was exciting to imagine him making me some outlandish offer, but it's even more exciting to know that I'll soon have my 'lil blue birdie back safe in its nest!

COOP

Edited by COOP

You know him better than I......at least with the BmW's you can take them out and drive them.  Guessing those spyder's don't see much action.  All of the early 911's and 356's as well have escalated so much in value most of them probably only see an occasional drive - to a C&C or some such.  Too bad.  Watch any of the Seinfeld rerun's and you will notice from time to time old Porsche racing posters in his apartment.  Talk about livin' the dream, do what you love to do, get paid well (very well) to do it, pursue your hobbies, and apparent good health (lets face it the rest of it doesn't mean sh%t if you don't have your health...just sayin).

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Wow, what an honor Coop!!...and he picked a great car I must say. I have loved your car for years. It has just the right amount of modifications to vintage goodies on it that I like. I saw JS at Rennsport Reunion in 2004 and the guy is an absolute car NUT. He had brought several of his P-cars to show and drove his 917K around the track. Though he was getting a lot of celebrity attention, you could tell he loved being around all the cars and people there just as much as the rest of us normal people. Can't wait to see the show!

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

Pretty funny...You can forward to the 3 minute mark for the 02 content!

http://www.thehollywoodfix.com/entertainment/jerry-seinfeld-gets-annoyed-by-paparazzi-while-filming-a-tv-show/

I'm not overly pleased that they jammed someone else in the back as I was told it was to be just the one comedienne, but oh well.  I'm a little particular about loading clowns with big clumsy feet in the back of my car as it's always just me and sometimes my petite wife! It also makes me cringe watching that woman yanking on the seatbelt like it's a big 'ol...nevermind.  Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be so uptight about it!

COOP

That was pretty interesting.  Yes the guy is apparently super cool and has a "bagillion dollars" but could you imagine living your life like that? - people following you around, in your face - uh, no thanks (or am I a stupid guy and that was part of the skit?).  Looked like a little bit of a freeforall, the one camera guy up on your car taking the "shot" - pretty sure they don't give a s about anything else other than getting the pic.

Edited by markmac

No, you're not being stupid. They were besieged by idiot paparazzi while trying to film their show. None of those camera people were with CCC, they are just douches who work for shows like TMZ and ET...bottom-feeders in other words. Trust me, I'll be going over that car with a freaking magnifying glass when it rolls off the truck!

COOP

...I will say that the person is a "she" and is a non A-lister who I had never heard of. I listened to her standup work and was only mildly amused. I wish it were one of my favorites (Alec Baldwin was hilarious "Jerry you're a lazy shiftless bastard" lol) but oh well!....

COOP -

First, it is extremely cool that you got your car on CCC.  I am a huge fan of the series and was hoping to see an '02 featured at some point (perhaps Sputter, since producers casting vehicles for CA based stars often come to Houston).

Also, you might invest an hour in that comedian's one hour special on HBO.  I find her hilarious, but that may just be me.  She's pretty much a female Ron White.

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

Congrats, and I hope they do a complete detailing of your car before it's returned to you. Just the fact that it's in the show should increase your car's value a bit

I def would cringe watching a group of hamfist photogs crawl all over my car, and my car is a POS compared to yours!

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

Congrats, and I hope they do a complete detailing of your car before it's returned to you. Just the fact that it's in the show should increase your car's value a bit

I def would cringe watching a group of hamfist photogs crawl all over my car, and my car is a POS compared to yours!

stuff can happen,.,,..I understand..

but this is JS, he loves , understands and respects cars..hes not just some Hollywood yahoo doing a show...Im sure any hamfisted fotogs are weeded out..........

u have seen the cars on this show?...

but I do understand the nerves that are involved...lol

stuff can happen,.,,..I understand..

but this is JS, he loves , understands and respects cars..hes not just some Hollywood yahoo doing a show...Im sure any hamfisted fotogs are weeded out....

Did you watch the video provided in an earlier post?  A pap, probably not associated with the show, was so horny to get a shot of Jerry that he was shooting from the passenger's side of the 2002, holding his camera above the roof/rear glass.  Stuff can happen.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I would hope that Jerry "gets it", and the car comes back detailed and clean.

If so - please let us know.  He then "meets expectations"

If not - please let us know.  It would be very disappointing.

PS - very cool that your car is in CinCwC

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.