• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 BMW 2002 TII- 5-speed, Nice Interior, Runs and Drive Great, CA Car

lajolla1963

VIN 2763414 should be a February '73 car. I believe the interior color might be navy blue (? back seat navy but door cards sprayed black?) -- "standard" with Fjord, at least from 10/72 onward (those are the color charts I have showing Fjord) -- but there's an ever-so-slight possibility in my mind that there has been a color change: perhaps from Polaris, if Fjord is not original. (I'm looking at the underhood shot and the peeled-off paint adjacent to the riveted-on VIN plate.)

Hmmm... I see lajolla's Fjord tii twin!

Clearly the actual extent of the rust will determine if this is a great buy or just an OK buy, but it's very intact, looks correct, and has some records -- not to mention the blue plates! If you're looking for a California round taillight tii, you should be looking at this now! (And getting your free BMW Archives report: info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com, just so you know what you're buying!). I'm a bit surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Good luck with the sale,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Steve,

This is my car and that Fjord tii twin is the car I purchased from Mario Langston that was from Boston on ebay. What an amazing car in regard to how it drives and while the rust is bad; for $6000 it is a hell of a nice car. 

I can assure everyone that the rust on the 1973 Fjord tii listed is limited to the pictures shown. The undercarriage, frame, floorboards etc are dry and rust free' the only rust is in the body panels themselves; which at that is minimal. 

I also am surprised it hasn't sold yet; I have received a few offers on ebay. I appreciate your comments. 

Charles

Edited by lajolla1963

Nice car. A bargain at that price (but still not inexpensive).

I tend to be pessimistic when looking at your photos, assuming there may be more rust. I wonder if adding some undercarriage shots to the listing would move things along more quickly.

GLWS!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

...I can assure everyone that the rust on the 1973 Fjord tii listed is limited to the pictures shown. The undercarriage, frame, floorboards etc are dry and rust free' the only rust is in the body panels themselves; which at that is minimal. This is a great buy at this price and I would even offer a better price to Forum members if identified.

I also am surprised it hasn't sold yet; I have received a few offers on ebay. I appreciate your comments.

Charles

Hey, Charles!

So perhaps Ray's idea is the way to go: post a few photos of the underside! The uncertainty as to the extent of the rust was the ONLY thing that kept me from saying unambiguously that this was a great buy!

GLWS!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Just my observations :)

I was wrong on this board twice in a week, a few weeks ago. I need to be more careful!

JimK is the one who is always right (in my opinion!).

And Steve's (above) knowledge parallels Mike S!

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

OK, Charles,

That's a pretty darned high and dry underside, as you said! The only thing I spotted is in the 11th photo, the underside of the spare tire well. And I have to say, "They all do that!" Let me say it again, "They all do that!"

Like I said in Post #2, "If you're looking for a California round taillight tii, you should be looking at this now!" Great buy!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

VIN 2763414 should be a February '73 car. I believe the interior color might be navy blue (? back seat navy but door cards sprayed black?) -- "standard" with Fjord, at least from 10/72 onward (those are the color charts I have showing Fjord) -- but there's an ever-so-slight possibility in my mind that there has been a color change: perhaps from Polaris, if Fjord is not original. (I'm looking at the underhood shot and the peeled-off paint adjacent to the riveted-on VIN plate.)

I had a former fjord 74 2002 with a tan interior and I've seen fjord with a navy blue interior as well. On second thought, I've never seen a fjord roundie with a tan interior so maybe fjord with a tan interior is a square tail light thing...

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I had a former fjord 74 2002 with a tan interior and I've seen fjord with a navy blue interior as well. On second thought, I've never seen a fjord roundie with a tan interior so maybe fjord with a tan interior is a square tail light thing...

G-Man

Agreed on all your points, G-Man! Navy blue was always the factory "standard" or recommended color for Fjord, but tan appears -- occasionally -- in square taillights.

Steve