• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture of Late 60's 2002

MikeD

Not sure what car brand but the place I used to work in Old Town Alexandria (Foreign Car Service) supposedly got their stockroom shelves from a dealership that was burned during those DC Riots.  Those were troubled times.

BTW:  A recent BaT Porsche for sale up North mentions some work was performed on the car some years ago by "Heinz in Springfield, VA".   Wonder if they meant Heinz Kestermann in Alexandria (the founder of Foreign Car Service)?

Maybe you can ketchup to the seller and ask.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

i had a 68 2002 purchased in 72.  Living in Boston at the time, foreign cars were "around" and specialty  garages would deal with our repairs.  I cant imagine living anywhere but the East or West coast and driving a "foreign car" in the 60's or early 70's.

Edited by willys

Much easier to be in a college town...many more "enlightened" folks around campus'...but life in western NC was anything but. Carbs are carbs tho, and until the fuel injected cars, it wasn't so bad. Had my 72 from about 74.5 until about 80, and put on one set of XAS's, one water pump, front pads, and the usual oil changes, from 30K to well over 100K. Lots of carnuba wax. Riviera with sunroof, no air. Still miss her.

dave v. in nc