• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep it Brown?

2002newb

Sienabraun metallic is, of course, the most often mis-spelled '02 color! BMW has never used two "n's" as it is not named after a Toyota minivan, but after Siena, Italy, the famously brown-red brick city.

There have been several threads that I recall on re-painting Sienabraun cars in their original color. Here are a couple:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/128681-can-anyone-post-pics-of-nice-siennabraun-cars/?hl=%2Bsienabraun#entry74550

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/131311-is-siennabraun-ugly-or-a-cool-70s-color/?hl=+sienabraun

The 1975-76 U.S. '02 brochures feature a Sienabraun early-'75 model in some very nice shots. The longer version of these brochures has an all-red cover and the shorter version of these brochure has a Sienabraun '02 coming toward the camera: both brochures feature the same Sienabraun car. I see these brochures for sale on eBay frequently. Here's a link to the shorter version of the '75-'76 U.S. brochure:

http://www.my2002tii.com/faq/1976_2002_USA_Brochure.pdf

I believe there's also a European market brochure with a Sienabraun 1502, that I've also seen on the forum.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Rare and increasingly loveable. Hated it back in the day, but like prostitutes and politicians, with time, gaining respectability. I missed one in the height of the recession, and still kicking myself. Jack Lemmon's car in China Syndrome....Nice looking car J-mart, if that's yours...turbines even look good.

Dave V. in NC

On 10/5/2015 at 10:02 AM, auggiemize said:

Rare and increasingly loveable. Hated it back in the day, but like prostitutes and politicians, with time, gaining respectability. I missed one in the height of the recession, and still kicking myself. Jack Lemmon's car in China Syndrome....Nice looking car J-mart, if that's yours...turbines even look good.

Dave V. in NC

+1

Dave nailed it. I "tolerated" Sienabraun in 1974. I LOVE Sienabraun today!

But, please, don't re-paint your car Sienabraun just for me; do it for yourself!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Another vote for the Brown Car Appreciation Society!  

post-41189-0-85124700-1444226548_thumb.j

Here's Penny on the road to O'fest last year, somewhere in Wyoming I think.  I was still tracking down all the trim, but she was running sweet!

post-41189-0-32564000-1444226585_thumb.j

Claire took this, I love how the rain makes the colors pop

post-41189-0-97246500-1444226729_thumb.j

I fell into this car and color by accident, but now I wouldn't want it any other way.  Then again, my fashion sense has always played the long game - I'm so far out of style, I catch up on the other side around ;-)

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy

Seeking out the best place for a Sienabraun respray in the greater SF Bay Area including Sacramento and Central Valley. Any suggestions or ideas? This is for a restoration of our 74tii back to an original / non modified state. Not looking to make a show car out of it but wanting a good quality job. Thanks in advance. Tom P in Walnut Creek...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always felt that it could be classy-cool with chrome bumpers and the right suspension/wheel combo..  been trying to score a local 74 that has black interior for a while. Its been locked away for almost 20 years, and is currently serving as a catch all.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002