• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep it Brown?

2002newb

It may have been a fairly common production color but I've rarely seen them on the road or for sale.

Maybe they were all re-sprayed?

Except of course all those guys that work for UPS, they probably kept them brown.

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately a lot of Sienna colored cars haven’t aged well, but when the paint is nice they are really quite attractive.

I’d take this one in a heartbeat… :) 

A4%20Sienna_zpsvj1nw3yn.jpg

Kevin

1965 1800 Ti (sold)

1975 525 3.0i Motorsport Special

1987 Alpina C2 Cabriolet

1990 325ix Baur TC2

1998 Z3 Coupe

Hi Dave, here’s another one which is “boogieing” around a corner.  This one is Hubert Hahne’s “Diana” 2002ti in brown.  It’s not Siena, but at least it keeps the brown theme going.  

Hubert Hahne had Grähser in Saarland Germany to install a 2.8 liter M30 engine in this one.  I would guess that at that time it had over 200hp.  Maybe that explains why it’s dipping a bit more in the front than the Alpina.  Today it's got a 3.7 liter M30 in it built for Hahne by BMW Motorsport.

Diana_zpsjehzajpz.jpg

Unfortunately I’m only back in NC about 3 times a year.  The flip side is that in Europe I get to be a “hard core” BMW junkie.

Best wishes to everyone in the beautiful “Old North State” from Switzerland,
Kevin

Edited by Southernboy

1965 1800 Ti (sold)

1987 Alpina C2 Cabriolet

1990 325ix Baur TC2

1998 Z3 Coupe

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately a lot of Sienna colored cars haven’t aged well, but when the paint is nice they are really quite attractive.

I’d take this one in a heartbeat… :) 

A4%20Sienna_zpsvj1nw3yn.jpg

Kevin

Sorry, but KF-VT 89 wasn´t sienabraun but malaga:

post-36854-0-13845300-1447412588_thumb.j

post-36854-0-51603600-1447412922_thumb.j

Hi Dave, here’s another one which is “boogieing” around a corner.  This one is Hubert Hahne’s “Diana” 2002ti in brown.  It’s not Siena, but at least it keeps the brown theme going.  

Hubert Hahne had Grähser in Saarland Germany to install a 2.8 liter M30 engine in this one.  I would guess that at that time it had over 200hp.  Maybe that explains why it’s dipping a bit more in the front than the Alpina.  Today it's got a 3.7 liter M30 in it built for Hahne by BMW Motorsport.

Diana_zpsjehzajpz.jpg

Unfortunately I’m only back in NC about 3 times a year.  The flip side is that in Europe I get to be a “hard core” BMW junkie.

Best wishes to everyone in the beautiful “Old North State” from Switzerland,
Kevin

According to the mechanic, who has put in the 3,7 in the Diana for Hahne later on, the Diana originally was equipped by Grähser with a 2,5 and not a 2,8. Sorrowly the guy has died meanwhile, RIP Rolf.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

SIenabraun looks much better in fresh paint, especially in the sunshine. It has a sparkly cinnamon vibe to it -- rootbeer was a good description. That said, it is still brown and will not turn heads when parked among its brethren with brighter plumage. And for some reason, the big bumpers look even bigger on Siena, don't ask me why.

I had the same struggle with my Pastellblau. When I got the car it was dull as Lake Michigan on a January day. I thought about painting it another color but couldn't pick one so I went with the 'blau. With a shiny coat of paint and new shiny trim, she sparkles.

Ultimately, it's up to you. If you want to strut, change the color. Just don't create another Inka, the Brittney of 2002s. If you are a bit low key, want to be true to the car, and only care if you please yourself, a shiny Sienabraun might be just your color.

s.jpgp.jpgx.jpgh.jpgm.jpg

BMW Lotus Healey Miata x 2

Hi Lars, you are of course right about the color of KF-VT 89.  After I uploaded that picture, I thought it looked more red than brown, but of course by then it was too late.  In the big 02 book it comes across as brown.  (my bad)

Are you sure about the 2.5 in the Diana?  I thought I remember Rainer said that it origially had a 2.8.  In 71 that would have definately been an option... ;)  

Schöne Grüsse nach Frankfurt...

Kevin

1965 1800 Ti (sold)

1987 Alpina C2 Cabriolet

1990 325ix Baur TC2

1998 Z3 Coupe