• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10, NK, Turbo and F1 content

Simeon

F1 has some great achievements, 1500hp is nuts.

Austin F1 race is this weekend, won't be making it this year but have been 2 times. I recommend staying on track in a RV or camper, you're just steps away from the track through the entire weekend.

'74 2002tii Amazon Green #2781677

Even as a confirmed petrol head I can't get in to watching F1 on the TV. But the sound and spectacle in the flesh is amazing. I spent too long this evening watching a two part documentary on (getting wide off topic here) Cosworth and Ford developing what became the GBA turbo V6 engine in the mid 80's. Great period craftsmanship and a few characters.

https://youtu.be/QFy0ezTOLZs

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Rain is forecast in Austin Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning... hope it clears for the main event in the afternoon.  That practice in the rain won't mean squat for a dry track on Sun... Should be interesting :)

I bet we'll see plenty of off-course action during Porsche SuperCup; but I'm disappointed Ferrari Challenge isn't running this year...I do love the sound of the 458s.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool