• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine swap?

Tsweers89

There is a lot of $0.02 here, all good. 

I´d personally adivse the customer to consider his choice of platform. To get the power he seems to want, you would need a a medium case diff and a Getrag 260 box. I guesstimate $4000. 

That leaves $3-5000. At this point, you would have to check that everything is in working order and can handle the power. I would not reccommend more than 300 crank hp with a stock chassis and no rollcage. 

You could find a working turbo-kit for the M20 and have it installed for the upper end of the remaining budget. Maybe. I´d rather get a rollcage to handle the stress though, and rebuild the engine to prepare it for a turbo set up. Then you can start thinking about 4-500 hp

Or just blow the entire budget on turboing the thing, and having 350 hp at the wheels. Until something bends, or breaks, or both.