• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW Vehicle Identification Manual

RAS-2002

Hi, wodering if someone could help me finding out a bit more about this model and if its interesting:

Seems to be a 1971 1600 model. Is it an interesting model? Originaly I was looking for a 2.0L engine but those are more difficult to find at this moment. Thanks for your help.

I dont know how to attach the pictures. It asks me for an URL and I just have them in my computer.

Thanks

First, ALL '02s are interesting!

Seriously, however, find out something about your particular car. The BMW 2002 Car Club of Columbia has a good VIN decoder:

http://www.bmwclasicos.com/vin.php

It shows your car, a European market car, was manufactured sometime between January 1 and March 31, 1971. Next, send an email with your car's VIN to BMW Archives and ask for any data in their files (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com). You'll find out the actual manufacturing date, the date that legal title transferred to a dealer or importer, and the original color of the car. There is no charge and you often receive an answer with 24 hours.

Note: an '02s original engine was numbered the same as the chassis (VIN or vehicle identification number). There are lots of threads in this forum regarding VIN's, particularly the locations of the VIN's, and "matching numbers" (engine number = VIN). Search on "Forums" or "Google," NOT "This thread"!

Welcome to the world of '02s. Enjoy.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)