• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for Campagnolo's

maharaja

That's pretty open-ended. There were multiple styles and rim widths available for '02s:

http://www.histowheels.com/Campagnolo/

Do you have stock fenders, rolled fender lips, or flares? That makes a big difference in whether you're looking for 5.5 x 13, 6 x 13, or 7 x 13 -- or are you willing to do ANYTHING for the right rims?

In addition to the models shown, I know there was also a 5.5 x 13 version of the style shown for model number 40549. And...if you're willing to have rims re-drilled (Rotiform in Huntington Beach re-drilled a couple of 4x98 PCD Campagnolo rims I accidentally purchased to the correct 4x100 PCD), any of the 4x98 or 4x101 PCD rims shown on the above link can be easily converted to 4x100 PCD.

Below are my Campagnolo Bertone's (commonly known as "Ragno's" or by the English translation of Ragno, "spider"!). These are not for sale. And I'm confident the cost of acquiring them, shipping them (1 from Italy, 4 from Germany), examining them for cracks and trueness, re-drilling the two 4x98 rims, and, especially, re-finishing them yields a cost far, far in excess of their market value!

There's a lot of experience and knowledge on this forum. Make certain you've read the threads and you're familiar with the pros and cons of vintage Magnesium alloy (Elektron) rims. I assume you are NOT buying these for track use; that is NOT a recommended use of vintage Magnesium alloy rims!

They're out there, but most of them are in Europe.

Good luck with your search,

Steve

post-41123-0-45815900-1446398515_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for the schooling on Campies. To answer some of the questions: stock fenders , 13" dia probably 5.5" wide, no racing.

They are all attractive and I am also no adverse to buying off NA. Also have an interest in Cromodoras.

Got it! My top recommendations for finding both Campagnolos and Cromodoras would be:

1.) The German '02 forum

2.) German eBay

3.) Kleinenzeigen

4.) Italian eBay

Good luck with your search!

Steve

Steve, do you have a link to the German 02 forum? Are you familiar with the site and it's members?

I keep the Marktplatz on my list of bookmarks and check it regularly:

http://marktplatz.bmw-02-club.de

I've bought rims and such off of it, most from absolute strangers. There are a few "authorities" that seem to stand out when you read the forum -- I read translated versions of the forum when I'm doing research: Uli, Wolfgang, Lars, all of who participate occasionally in our U.S. FAQ. I've learned a LOT about rims from the German forum: TUV inspections force German car owners to "know" their rims far better than the general U.S. car owner!

Regards,

Steve

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, Polaris said:

Are you still looking for a set of Campy's? I replaced mine with stock alloys - would consider selling them. I'm in San Jose, CA. - pop me a note if you're interested? Not sure what the going rate is for a nice set of 4 but would love them to go to a good home.

1972 2002 tii campagnolo wheel.jpg

1972 2002 tii left front quarter.jpg

That's a beautiful car, with Campy's OR OEM alloys!

Regards,

Steve