• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric radiator fan

danwalker88

Considering removing the belt driven fan in favor of an electric fan, my question is, would it be suitable to use the behr AC condenser aux fan and the original AC fan mounting location as the radiator fan?  I am removing all AC components from the vehicle.

I would use a newer fan. They aren't all that expensive and they'll be much more efficient and quiet than the Behr A/C fan. 

Here's one on eBay for $23.

s-l1600.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

I will take your advice and use a new fan. I see you linked me to a 14" fan, I'm looking for something to mount in front where the ac fan/condenser was. Will a 14" fit or 12" as I have the old brackets and holes already drilled from the ac setup that was installed.

i have a spal 14in in my car. that is about as big as can be fit in there. Lee at MassiveBrakes.com sells a nice mounting kit for the spal fans on a 2002.

+1 on the Massive mounting kit. I just upgraded to a 12" Spal fan. The kit mounts to the original radiator mounting holes. Use the electric fan wiring diagram floating around the FAQ (by Zenon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

i have a spal 14in in my car.  that is about as big as can be fit in there.   Lee at MassiveBrakes.com sells a nice mounting kit for the spal fans on a 2002.

+2 on the Spal 14 and Massive mounting kit.  On a side note Marshall, do you have a light that shows when the fan is on?  Do you have a diode on that light so it doesn't glow at freeway speeds?  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

no light for when the fan is on.  it comes on and off automatically, i don't need to know when it is on.  besides, it only comes on when car isn't moving and then i can HEAR it.  it is loud.

i do have a manual override switch that has a built in light in the switch.  i never use the manual overide.  don't need it.

2xM3