• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's wrong with a little rain???

burndog

I can think of a few reasons right off the bat:

1. Body panels made of ungalvanized puff pastry and powdered sugar melt in the rain

2. Horrible drivers slamming into my car because they don't understand the basic coefficient of friction loss when the pavement is coated with fresh precipitation.

3. Good, replacement body panels and trim are getting harder to source and more expensive every day.

4.  My car gets dirty  :D

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

or because no one's 02s run well enough to drive in the dry, let alone the rain. 

that or the fact that all 02s are undergoing some form of restoration that renders them useless until they can be sorted. Hell, I have a 73 2002 that has been down for 3 years while in my possession. It may drive again in 2016. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

I never gave it much thought aside from the safety delta of abs, air bags and traction control that comes with a new car vs ummm... careful driving. I saw 6 accidents on a 40 mile trip in yesterday's rain storm. All looked serious enough that there were probably injuries.

However, after this week's stay at the body shop for new floors and the hefty bill that will go with it, I'm guessing I'll probably do a bit less wet weather driving going forward.

Definitely less if/when I get the car repainted. Not sure I like where this is going.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

It isn't just 2002 owners....it's pretty much EVERY classic car owner. This past Sunday it drizzled a bit in the am for our weekly caffeine & carbs get together. I drove the GTS none the less, never gave it a 2nd thought. Hey, Enzo put windshield wipers on it for a reason, right? I was one of only about 6 people that "braved" the weather in a classic. Everyone else came in their DD.

Pffft, what happened to being an ENTHUSIAST?! Cmon guys, get out there!! OK rant over. 

Anthony

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1972 2002 Atlantik

Bunch of old airhead BMW motorcycles

Hey Carl , guess what it's raining in So Cal now & I'm driving my 02 home in it :)

Edited by LimeySteve

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Steve,

I'm out in Simi Valley and this ain't "rain" ...... why, I remember back in the good old days, trying to get from San Diego to San Jose on the 5 to the 101, when the rain was pounding down so hard I thought the paint itself was gonna break loose and wash away.  Not that I miss those days, mind you ......

Cheers,

Carl