• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What replacement seats have you placed in your '02?

Vicleonardo1

Wondering what seats owners have put in their '02 other than the now more rare Recaro LS/LX seats from E21, VW GLI, etc.

Some digging I have been doing has rendered results all over the place: (Honda, Fox model Mustang seats, etc.) with little or no explanation of how it was done, and few or no  images to show the results.   

Being that I cannot find a list, let us build one. 

Where did you get your seat? 

Salvage or aftermarket?

Salvage: Car Make, Model, Year

Aftermarket: Brand/ Model

Bracket: Needed(most likely)  or not? 

If needed: 

Commercially available or Fab? 

Please, Please, Please provide pictures. We would like to see your handiwork. 

If there was fab needed, or tricks that got yours to work,  please explain what was necessary to add them to your car. 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

I'm putting in Recaros this winter, I found this absolutely MINT set from a guy in Stuttgart. 100% original, and fabric because I don't have AC. Sticky leather/vinyl isn't my taste when it's warm. 

post-47516-0-16548400-1446641020_thumb.j

Just trying to decide if I make my own "massive" style of bracket, or try to source some older ones for cheap I can repaint. The one's on ebay make my eyes water... 200 euro with shipping for two pieces of bent sheet metal? 'eff the hell off. 

post-47516-0-16548400-1446641020_thumb.j

• Like 1

I'm putting in Recaros this winter, I found this absolutely MINT set from a guy in Stuttgart. 100% original, and fabric because I don't have AC. Sticky leather/vinyl isn't my taste when it's warm. 

attachicon.gif11951831_549947280512_7303664681517432267_n.jpg

Just trying to decide if I make my own "massive" style of bracket, or try to source some older ones for cheap I can repaint. The one's on ebay make my eyes water... 200 euro with shipping for two pieces of bent sheet metal? 'eff the hell off.

Those look a lot like the 1980's LX-S Recaro's I'm running, although I see you have an adjustable thigh support. Bonus. They're incredibly comfortable. Enjoy!

Classic/vintage parts shopping in Germany has to be awesome. Oddly, I never saw a single classic car on the road while I was on a work exchange in Bonn for three months, though I probably just missed the season (Sept-Dec).

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Part shopping is great... Lots of NOS stuff and rare parts around if you look in the right places.

And yah, old cars are a bit rare, but given that they do salt roads here, classics are very much seasonal cars, or sunny weather only (which in allot of Germany, sun is pretty rare, period!)

1st gen Acura seats.  Needed a bracket, used the Acura sliders, worked great.  Cost $50.

t

Integra? I tried the 2nd gen ones, but it required more work than I was able to do and they sat too high.

You have a pic of them in your 02?

The FAQ article doesn't show pics anymore. Just like 02les said.

Edited by bianchini

1st gen Acura seats.  Needed a bracket, used the Acura sliders, worked great.  Cost $50.

t

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Good cheap...I mean inexpensive and available seats that work with little fuss...

Toby delivers once again,,,

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

YO les... when did you move to Tennessee...i thought you were in Texas hill country

Hi Esty,

Moved Oct last year from San Antonio. We're still unpacking!!!

'02s seem pretty scarce in TN; I may have them all!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

...yeah, 1st gen Integra.  I don't think I took pictures (this was before digital cameras, phones, etc and the 'FAQ' was an email list)

but they DID sit up a bit higher and a little off to the side.  I was going to swap driver and passenger parts, but realized the

compressed foam on the driver's side was an asset.

I could see the 2nd gen being even higher.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I put in front beige seats w/ sliders from a '94 Integra... The rear two bolt mounts line up perfectly for both seats. The fronts? Not so much. Left front mount on driver's seat, I drilled into metal mount 'box', and ran a bolt. Right front on drivers? Haven't gotten around to. Same for one on passenger side... Paid $50 a few years ago. They aren't offset left or right, which is good. I don't think they sit too high. I'm 5'9", so they work for me... Also, they should slide back further, but they go back enough for me....

• Like 1

- The big print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Also, I love clothe seats. I hate (!) vinyl / leather seats. I drive my '02 May-Nov during warm weather, and these are really supportive. (we all know how great Acura/honda seats are). Long trips are a breeze sitting in these babies..

- The big print giveth, and the small print taketh away.