• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What replacement seats have you placed in your '02?

Vicleonardo1

• 4 years later...
On 5/9/2016 at 10:26 PM, xr4tic said:

For those with the Recaros, is the seat much lower?  At 6'6", my head brushes the ceiling with the stock seats, and they're worn out, so I'm looking for a replacement that is lower.

I picked up a cheap set of 02 WRX seats, but the only way they would fit lower than stock, is if I cut out the floor mounts, which would be my last resort.

I know this comment is old but would you say the wrx seats would bolt up pretty easily? I’m 5’5 so I could use the extra height ? 

A few years ago I scored a pair of Recaros from a MKII Jetta GLI. $400. Had Dave at Aaardvarc Racing recover them. Also got a set of adapters from him. The seats shipped back and he nicely bolted the adapters in place. He also provided some shorter side hinge covers that fit more appropriately for the 2002. The adapters do raise the seat a little bit, which is perfect for my 5'6" frame. 

If you are looking for some Recaros you may wish to check some of the VW forums. VW did change the bottom bracketry (I am not sure what years)  and those seats may not work  Check the bottom for the wanted 6 bolt pattern. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

ProCar Rally Seats with custom flat steel adapters and standard 02 sliders, rear bench upholstered to match. 

IMG_20200414_122647.jpg

IMG_20200611_122326.jpg

IMG_20200611_122310.jpg

IMG_20200609_193824.jpg

IMG_20200419_132439.jpg

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

On 7/17/2020 at 9:23 PM, Stevenhy92 said:

I know this comment is old but would you say the wrx seats would bolt up pretty easily? I’m 5’5 so I could use the extra height ? 

Not a chance.  I don't remember the exact details, but the stock mounts would have to be cut out of the car, some new mounts welded in, and I think even some cutting/welding on the wrx seat mounts.

I ended up going with a set of Corbeau seats I picked up off of CL cheap.

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

• 1 year later...

Apparently  Recaro LX-B.

No idea what they came out of, got them on eBay many years ago really really cheap, as they had been badly dyed, which just wiped off, they are from a 4 door car, I just slide the seat forward and turn the adjust which is super easy and there’s plenty of room to get in the back.

They need recovering now but are structurally mint, so comfy 

C33FF9E9-8946-4BD2-9F28-63CEC1C4B04F.jpeg

13C04FE0-0171-42FC-AD72-49D70C9E14C5.jpeg

• Like 1