• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal Nov-29 Drive - Anyone going from the south?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

there is a fun route going by the santa rosa plateau, then down through avocado orchards. ends up in temecula. from there are several choices.

the avocado drive is conducive to slower speeds, as the road is narrow and twisty.

since your idea involves my backyard, of course i'll attend. scouting services offered, as i prefer to drive fast by myself also. andrew lee also knows good trips in this area.

ortega hwy is fun to drive until around 4:45am weekdays, probably 6:00am weekends. on your eastbound ride, beware chp at nichol's institute and the second passing zone, on the grade to the ranger station.

robert

Guest Anonymous

I was there once on geotech stuff and the canyon roads are unbelievable...I just have to figure out one day where the road ends. Another one would be Rte. 40, b/n SLO and half way to fresno, cuts you from 101 to 5/80 area