• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Source for Bosch black coil?

BigIrish

Thanks!  That's what I need to know.  I'll measure the resistance when I get it.  

I understand the total resistance concept but it's frustrating that none of the vendors list the ohms as part of the description.  

It can be confusing because people refer to the coils by their historical colors.  

The newly produced Bosch coils can appear quite different in color depending upon when it was produced.

The 00013 "red" coil I think is silver with red sticker now.

The 00010 "black" coil is silver with green sticker now.

The 00012 "blue" coil is silver with blue sticker now.

The 00013 needs a 1.8 ohm external resistor (either ceramic or wire).

The 00010 needs a 0.9 ohm external resistor (either ceramic or wire).

The 00012 has enough internal resistance and doesn't need an external resistor.

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

FYI - I measured my resistance wire and it's 1.1, according to my inexpensive meter.

Did you touch + & - leads together while voltmeter sitting on ohm? That value if any should be subtracted from 1.1 ohms.

In any case, you need 00010 coil. As John mentioned before the coil case will be silver with green label/ sticker

post-43112-0-07096000-1447884450_thumb.j

Edited by Buckeye

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

I just remembered another thing that you may or may not have done already.  Since you're going to be using the stock resistance wire, you'll want to splice in another wire before your resistance wire starts and run it to the positive side of your Pertronix unit.  The + side on the Pertronix should be hooked up ahead of the resistance wire.  I believe that the resistance wire starts about half way between the coil and the fuse box on a '76.  Others have posted photos of that here, but I don't have time to search for them now.  Hope that helps,

John

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️