• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchase finally complete!

tomphot

Great SC Porsche.  They were new when I was in college and all the guys lusted for one...One of our lucky souls on campus actually had one...until he (literally) wrapped it around a light pole on University Drive and was killed.  I still have the clipping from the Chronicle with the picture of a U-shaped Porsche--the base of the U was the driver's door...

While not from that car, I have a 3 band Blaupunkt radio that's dual voltage, dual polarity (6-12 v, +/- ground)--in my Renault 4CV.  Every time a 356 driver sees it, he tries to buy it from me!

Nice score on the tii BTW.  Get that original engine back in it and you'll have a really cool and valuable car.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Great SC Porsche.  They were new when I was in college and all the guys lusted for one...One of our lucky souls on campus actually had one...until he (literally) wrapped it around a light pole on University Drive and was killed.  I still have the clipping from the Chronicle with the picture of a U-shaped Porsche--the base of the U was the driver's door...

While not from that car, I have a 3 band Blaupunkt radio that's dual voltage, dual polarity (6-12 v, +/- ground)--in my Renault 4CV.  Every time a 356 driver sees it, he tries to buy it from me!

Nice score on the tii BTW.  Get that original engine back in it and you'll have a really cool and valuable car.

cheers

mike

Thanks Mike - you don't see many Renaults around - what year?

I have a 1964 Blaupunkt - 3 band in my 356.  found it in Germany.  As the car was originally delivered to Brussels, I installed the Euro version with long wave.

If your interested in these sorts of things, a fellow on the 356 Registry web site has his own site with tons of great info, including Blaupunkt history - here's the link - http://derwhites356literature.com/DerWhitesBlaupunktRadios.html

I found the correct Blaupunkt AM/FM radio for the Tii - in Stereo!

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC