• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mounting hardware for Early US Bumper

Alec

You are correct on all counts. As a professional vintage BMW parts jockey, myself (throughout the 1990s) I can tell you that it was a complete PITA to look up that stuff. We priced it accordingly for that reason. Research, ordering, sorting, compiling lists, tracking backorders, and shipping all added up to more time than the sale was worth, often times, for such things. Your best bet, is to measure the existing hardware (if you have it) and research the part numbers via realoem.com or similar website. Then simply order the parts using the part numbers from your dealer.

Also, (here's a tip) I found the original style spring clips used to hold the rubber impact strips (on 72-73 bumpers) didn't work very well, so I usually ordered a load of extra "T bolts" and nuts, to affix the strips. This required drilling out the slots in the chrome and unfortunately, those T bolts are now $4.00+ *each*. You might be able to find a suitable substitute that works well, and won't cost you $60. 

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Better get out some pens and paper and start jotting down part numbers. FWIW: Blunttech.com (love that guy!) and ECS tuning will have the best prices / service on genuine BMW stuff. Personally, I HATE non metric fasteners on BMWs almost as much as I hate Radio Shack shit in the wiring harnesses, and you'll have a difficult time finding metric carriage bolts (of any length) anywhere but BMW. Owning an old car takes patience and often piles of cash. Be thoughtful. Build it with care. Not just convenience.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com