• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What uses Bosch Super W7DC plugs?

winstontj

I just found four unopened cases (10 per case so 40 plugs) of W7DC plugs. I've had so many BMWs I forget what I was putting them in. Did Bosch stop making them? I was clearly hoarding them for something. Just forget what. 

Thanks... 

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Possibly. I've owned a lot of BMWs but never an e9. Its only been 2002's, e21's, e28's, e30's and e36's. I guess the better question is would those plugs be desirable in an M10 or M20? The M20's and M10's I have in the garage all have NGK plugs in them.

EDIT: I'll get rid of them (sell/give away) if they are of no use to me. Wondering if I should hang on to them or get rid of them. 

Edited by winstontj

E36 

did you ever own a VW?  i just google searched "what does w7dc fit in" and this was one hit.

the internet is a wonderful thing...

Fits Vehicles:

2xM3

I cut up way more e21's than I've owned so that must be it. All the VW's I've owned have not been gas. 

Maybe a better question is: Are those plugs worth hanging on to for use in a 2002?

E36 

If made in Germany they are worth hanging onto as those are getting harder to find.  They do fit e9 and therfore would figure 2002's also.

Boxes say made in Germany. They are not opened (the cases) so I assume yes they are made in Germany. Thanks. I'll put them into the "keep" bay of the garage. 

E36 

Bosch W7DC are basically equivalent to NGK BP6ES as far as the heat range goes.  No internal resistor on either plug.

Bosch W8DC are basically equivalent to NGK BP5ES as far as the heat range goes.  No internal resistor on either plug.

So, they work in 2002s and I seem to remember that W7DC was standard for the tii because of it being a cooler plug than the W8DC.  Cooler plug was used on the higher compression tii engines.

Keepers for sure.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I cut up way more e21's than I've owned so that must be it. All the VW's I've owned have not been gas. 

Maybe a better question is: Are those plugs worth hanging on to for use in a 2002?

wrong heat range for a normal 2002.  iirc 02 uses w6dc.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3