• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Heater Cables

BlakeNelsonJr

I need the cables that go from the Heater controller (Heat vs. Defrost) to the heater box. I have everything else but my cables are snapped :(

I've looked around for a few weeks now and they have eluded me. Any help would be great. I'm sure they're not too spendy but I pay instantly through paypal because my name is Blake, and I have an o2 problem. Please dont judge me.

Oh, and if you know of anyone that has a manual choke cable as well, I also have that problem.

Blake

Vancouver, WA

503-819-9657

Blake Nelson

503-819-9657

Pacific Northwest (Portland)

1976 2002 - 1981 320i

post-48730-0-66434900-1449623819_thumb.j  

They are Bowden cables.  I replaced mine with lawnmower throttle cables from Ace Hardware.  <$10.  Replacement requires a little careful measurement, bending, cutting, and patience associated with same.  However, the result works swimmingly, as they say in England.  

PHOTO: The long stiff silver wire in the attached image of my disassembled heater box is the end of one of the cables which was eventually shortened and attached to the reconditioned heater valve.

Here is a link to an image of what I bought:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lawn+mower+throttle+cables&biw=1681&bih=587&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw4YvJyc3JAhVBOCYKHYUYDMsQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=11LWHttOyt4R3M%3A

Good luck.