• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your 2002 plans for 2016???

Dabliz02

Oh boy where to start? I plan to do as much of my list as I can before running out of money. Wife tells me the purse strings are going to be short this year for my car. Lol!

Finish A/C installation

Refinish wheel's get new tire's and mount on car

New lights all around

Get paint on hood fixed

Replace missing mud flap

Shampoo carpets

New floor mats

change mounting of electric fuel pump

Different air cleaners on DCOE 40's

Re-plumb carburetors

Brackets for dipstick, fuel line, and manual choke

Then drive the heck out of it!  

I've survived damn near everything.

1974 - 2002, Mild - sold to son
1976 - 2002, lil' Wild

2012-09-05195330.jpg

FINALLY get Pig Cheeks DONE , with a stock trunk as well as the Battattack wing lid :)

Edited by LimeySteve

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Fix my exhaust for the I don't know how manyth time, put off putting the 5 speed in, drive it hard!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Limey, please say it isn't so....

After being on the back burner for waaay too long it's time to unleash the beast so to speak :) Twin cam twin side drafts & electronic disi , should be fun.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Well I think this is my first post here, so this send to be an appropriate thread! I am finally getting to work on my 1969 1600 that has been sitting (in various places) since 1998 or so. There is a lot to be done, but I am going to start simple.

- put together a good running engine. Probably a 72 2002 bottom end with an e21 head with Weber down draft and mild cam.

-find a transmission solution. I have the original 4 speed with bad synchros. Not sure what I am going to do here.

-get it running and driving.

If I get all that done in 2016, that will be a good start!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I want to make Mid-America, maybe V@V if I can swing both (Mike Self, count me in for an Ohio-to-Ozarks caravan again, this time with the Orange Car). Hopefully attend some local shows/cruises with the family. 

Mechanics-wise, I'll probably swap the stock seats back in and sell the Scheels; I just want to go back to a mostly-stock interior. Might pull the trigger on a 123 Tune dizzy. A few other little things like door brakes and lighting, but I'll probably kick the rear-suspension-bushing-redo can down the road a bit further until that mint $100 3.90 LSD drops into my lap. Come to think of it, that would probably be rather painful. "Be careful what you wish for" indeed.

And, most importantly, just DRIVE the durned thing!

-Dave

PS--In other automotive pursuits, I'd love to get my dad's '41 Chevy roadworthy again, since 2016 will mark the car's 75th birthday and the 60th anniversary of my dad's buying it--his first car--for $80. It's still in my mom's garage, one of two vehicles she hasn't been able to part with since he passed. It needs a complete brake system replacement and the exhaust hooked back up, but then (with fluid changes) it *should* at least be able to go out for a short drive... hopefully returning before a 45-year-old tire blows. That's assuming the engine hasn't seized since it last ran in 2008, of course.

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

2002 to-do:

1. Dump large pioneer stereo and aftermarket EQ installed from the prior owner and replace with period correct retrosound radio

2. Somehow source some BBS RS 4x100 wheels and sell my Rotas and Zenders

3. Disconnect and delete the "alarm system" the prior owner installed

4. Replace both door seals

5. Track down and fix that pesky rear turn signal issue

6. New chrome trim strip in both windshield gaskets

That's about it.... Little things really

12 BMW 135i + 76 BMW 2002