• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for E30 steel wheels?

Mike Self

I know this should probably be in the "for sale" section, but I spotted this craigslist ad from Indianapolis, and someone in a recent post mentioned looking for subject wheels--not easy to find--at least in the Midwest.  

Here's the ad:  https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/5341494338.html.  Parting out a 91 318i sedan with those wheels.  

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My 91 318i sedan had the same steel wheels and plastic hubcaps on it when I bought it several years ago. I quickly replaced the steelies with bottlecaps and my E30 looked much better. That's saying a lot if bottlcaps make your car look better. I put the E30 steel wheels up for sale on the FAQ classifieds and had no problem selling them. For US spec E30's, steel wheels came standard only on the 91 318i sedan (and Euro spec E30), 318is/325is came with basketweaves, early 318i (84-85) and 325e/325i came with bottlecaps. E30 owners could (and still can) order the steel wheels at the dealer parts counter if you wanted a spare set of wheels to run snow tires on. Paint the E30 steel wheels silver and they will look great on your 02, there are lots of pics on the forum with E30 steel wheels on 02s. As for the plastic hubcaps, they are a little too heavy for a frisbee but they make good skeet targets..

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

And the steel wheels look very nice painted silver with the small Euro center caps (still available from BMW AFAIK).  Very Alpina-ish.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite