• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early Alpina Prototipo ad '66/67

jmr_1602

While doing some research on a couple Alpina Momo wheels I own I ran into this image on the Early 911 Registry. I had never seen it before, and wanted to share.

post-37245-0-68798800-1449966557_thumb.j

My best google translation of the ad below:

"This Wheel is good for Ferrari Racecars and we've seen it too in fast Porsches. This small piece of jewelry you can afford. Not only beautiful, but functional, it adds an exclusive note to your car.

It will be your daily compliment for your good taste. It's our ambition to have the best wheels not the best priced wheels."

The same thread mentions that this was before Alpina produced a horn button.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Nice wheel!

Here is an article by the great Paul Frere about his Alpina modified 2002. Page 2 shows the same wheel in use.

post-35003-0-73362600-1450007492_thumb.j

post-35003-0-69661200-1450007528_thumb.j

post-35003-0-53179700-1450007571_thumb.j

p.s. I can post the original article refered to by Paul about test driving a Group 5 Alpina 02 if anyone is interested. Its got some very interesting performance figures.

02tii 2751928 (2582)

Nice article.  Thanks for sharing.  Thatsa keeper.  Notice the black out "silver dollar" gauges, also the dead pedal foot rest.  Only seen one other of those and that was in the fellow down in S. Africa that has an AlpinA 2002.  Much larger than the metal ones with perforated holes you see now, they also had this soft rubberized material covering.  11.5 : 1 compression is pretty serious.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Edited by markmac

Dear John H,

I think it would be wonderful if you posted this article, and the group 5 article , under their own heading. This is a fantastic car. Paul Frere is the famous automotive journalist and former racer who wrote for many years for road and track, and is Excellent       he was famous for driving fast cars all the way into his 70s. This is a "pur sang" BMW and perfect.   The younger generation would benefit from these articles, anyone would, as the cars and articles are so excellent. sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum