• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002tii Agave Green with Saddle/Tan interior

gallian93

Why are you all so obsessed with nonsense?

The word is "enthusiast" and thats what the fine folks on this board are about. Keeping these vintage machines on the road and helping each other in the process. Alas, one would not expect a "flipper" flashings Manziel money signs to understand that. You are correct about one thing though, it is a fine automobile, they all are. Glad you made your money now run along and leave us to our obsession!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

I'm happy to leave you all with your obsessions:

Rude sellers

Registration stickers

Sky-high prices

Shill bidders

Because, so little of this thread involved the car. And the Manziel flashing was only a response to the amazingly indignant money talk being thrown around for the past few weeks. Fine machines are fine machines.

You folks belong in a sewing circle.

Edited by Karma

Hey Karma....

A broker ???

This car was going nowhere fast on Ebay

The bidding was filled with zero feedback "pre approved" bidders that were also bidding on multiple cars at the same time.

My guess is that you are the owner and you pulled the ad on Ebay. It has not sold and we will see it again on Ebay in the spring.

I also don't believe the Warren Commission

JMHO on this zero degree morning in Arlington

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

Hey Karma....

A broker ???

This car was going nowhere fast on Ebay

The bidding was filled with zero feedback "pre approved" bidders that were also bidding on multiple cars at the same time.

My guess is that you are the owner and you pulled the ad on Ebay. It has not sold and we will see it again on Ebay in the spring.

I also don't believe the Warren Commission

JMHO on this zero degree morning in Arlington

The only thing you're right about was that we were screwed on eBay originally by a non-paying winning bidder, who called and provided what seemed like a good story to stay in the auction.  Against my better judgement, I let him bid.  After that, the other legit bidders didn't want to pay their last bid price - and they weren't obliged to, so who can blame them?

I say "we", because I am NOT the owner, but I AM a friend of the owner.  I ran the eBay auctions.

"Nowhere fast" is completely wrong.

I pulled the ad on eBay because the car sold.  If you see it again in the spring, congratulations, but it won't be me or anyone else I know listing it.

Being a conspiracy theorist is one thing, but a being jackass is another.

BTW, I really am curious now how long this thread will continue.  It's fascinating to me how grown men can act like such little girls when they have virtual anonymity on the internet.

I'll keep responding as long as I need to.  I have loads of time.

I know should follow my own advise and not feed the troll...but,

Karma,

If you are a "friend" of the owner why would you not take the time to address some of the concerns expressed on here? 

See the thread below, where there were some concerns about a car posted for sale and when the owner came on and addressed some of them he was credited for chiming in...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/174493-1975-bmw-2002-only-30k-miles/

Long story short, if you are any indication of what your "friend" is like then you've compounded the primary concern, which was that no matter what the state or condition of the car in question, the seller is not someone worth doing business with...

Also, does using term like "little girl", "Yentas (a woman who is a gossip, for the non-Yiddish crowd)" "sewing club" as a derogatory terms make you feel manly? Just asking? because there are a host of other blatantly outdated sexist term that you could aspire too...

Thanks and I'll take my answer off-air.

Karma,

If you are a "friend" of the owner why would you not take the time to address some of the concerns expressed on here? 

See the thread below, where there were some concerns about a car posted for sale and when the owner came on and addressed some of them he was credited for chiming in...

Long story short, if you are any indication of what your "friend" is like then you've compounded the primary concern, which was that no matter what the state or condition of the car in question, the seller is not someone worth doing business with...

Also, does using term like "little girl", "Yentas (a woman who is a gossip, for the non-Yiddish crowd)" "sewing club" as a derogatory terms make you feel manly? Just asking? because there are a host of other blatantly outdated sexist term that you could aspire too...

i don't have a dog in the fight but...the broker or owner have no obligation to explain anything to us...this is like any poker game, you fold, that's it...you may or may not be lucky enough to be shown the winners hand...none of us were even in the game so who are we to demand that the winner show us his hand...bluff or for real, the winner rakes the table

Karma,

No, you'll take your answer on-air.

Most of the "questions" (mostly derogatory comments) involved registration stickers and rudeness.  Not really something I was going to chime in on.

And, the terms work for the message I was trying to get across.  BTW, isn't it sexist to assume that only women are in sewing circles?

Edited by Karma

i don't have a dog in the fight but...the broker or owner have no obligation to explain anything to us...this is like any poker game, you fold, that's it...you may or may not be lucky enough to be shown the winners hand...none of us were even in the game so who are we to demand that the winner show us his hand...bluff or for real, the winner rakes the table

Fair point

Edit:

Esty,

I thought about it some more and although I still think you're is a fair point i.e. the seller is under no obligation to anyone to disclose anything ... Caveat Emptor and what not...

However, i am not convinced that this transaction is analogous to a game of poker, where the skill of "practiced deception" or bluffing is handy tool to have and all involved both expect it and do it themselves...

Although buying a used car does involve risk but by no means would it be considered full on gambling

Speaking just for myself, i don't think that i would even buy a stick of gum let alone a car if the stakes are that high.

All that being said, i don't believe that the (now previous) owner was intentionally being deceptive... He was aware of this thread because when i started it i told him about it in the spirit of full disclosure... I thought i was helping him.

I still agree that he was/is under no obligation to address any concerns, but he was trying to sell something and what better place to sell on 02 than on here? Sign up for a free account and address concerns...Who knows, someone on here may have picked it up for more that the $15K...

I feel that would have been a better approach than signing up later and "running victory laps" with nonsense of "IN YOUR FACES!!!! THE CAR SOLD FOR $15K, SUCK IT LOSER!!!

Again, just my opinion... and hopefully the car when to a nice home.

At this point I would this that this thread no longer serves any purpose in the FS section... And since I started it i feel necessary to stop it too...Unlike other forums FS thread i can not mark this as "sold/closed"

ADMIN: would you please be so kind and close this thread? Thanks

Edited by gallian93

"I feel that would have been a better approach than signing up later and "running victory laps" with nonsense of "IN YOUR FACES!!!! THE CAR SOLD FOR $15K, SUCK IT LOSER!!!"

Probably.  But you nitpickers, naysayers, and misanthropes are the reason I signed up and responded.  Self-satisfied BMW "enthusiasts" who obviously love to belittle others should not have the last word.

I didn't phrase my "victory lap" like you did, but I wouldn't have been wrong had I done so.

Amen

PS kill the thread, please.  Move on to the next.

Edited by Karma