• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320i close ratio transmission

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 75' 02 with a 320 close ratio transmission

in it and have someone who is interested in it. He

wants to swap my transmission for a 320 overdrive

and cash. How much is my transmission worth?

thanks in advance

Guest Anonymous

The one for the 325 M20 engine sells for around $900/$1k. Your transmission is pretty rare and should command a price of around $1000 too if in good shape.

An overdrive 5 speed sells from $50 to $250.

Price of an item depends on demand.

Guest Anonymous

I just got a CR for the baby six (early e21) stamped with the block ID (M60) and says 242 in the back.

BUT, I haven't found any reference for a 5 speed sport 242 model.

What do the part gurus think?

Guest Anonymous

You basically have to remove the transmission tunnel and refab one to fit. The 265 is both much wider and taller than the 245... also weighs about 60 lbs more. I looked at doing this on my 68' SC 2002... but decided I didn't want to ruin my car by cutting it all up just for a tranny install.

You can find 265 CR in early euro 6 series... also the 88-91 M3. Cost used is about $700-$1.2K. Rebuilt is $1800+.

I personally like them better than any other BMW tranny I've used. Have that CR in 5 of my cars.... love how they put the 4 most used gears right where they should be!

WH

Guest Anonymous

Same external dimensions. No need to cut the transmision tunnel. The bigger trannies for big sixes and e30 M3 are much bigger though and require surgery.