• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilding Brake Servo

larryt

afternoon gents,

im looking at a set of servo's on ebay and was wondering if anyone knows the process of reso on these? is it a case of new seals or much more work?

im looking due to fluid leaking from one of mine into the inlet and causing white smoke

thanks in advance :)

The fluid is coming from the back of your master cylinder (assuming it is attached to the servo), so the solution for that is to rebuild/replace the cylinder. Others may be able to say whether servos can simply be cleaned out and put back into service. I've not tried it. One potential problem of rebuilding is pitting on the inside surfaces.

Is this a right hand drive car? If so you have the twin remote T50 boosters and they can be a bit tricky to rebuild. You can always give it a try with a couple of rebuild kits, I did it on my old 1600 and again on my Dad's RHD 2500 E3 and they worked very well for years.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Well, you're in the right place.

Jaymic sells recon Servos for RHD '02s if you have the coin.

If you can get a "used" one for cheap, you could then dismantle it and see what parts are required to make it new.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Is this a right hand drive car? If so you have the twin remote T50 boosters and they can be a bit tricky to rebuild. You can always give it a try with a couple of rebuild kits, I did it on my old 1600 and again on my Dad's RHD 2500 E3 and they worked very well for years.

yeah mine is a RHD 1600. ive spoken to Jaymic and he seems to think that its the servo. think i may have a go myself and see how it goes!!

Well, you're in the right place.

Jaymic sells recon Servos for RHD '02s if you have the coin.

If you can get a "used" one for cheap, you could then dismantle it and see what parts are required to make it new.

yeah also jaymic charge £288 per servo for a rebuild (per servo) or about £350 each for a new one..... as i have lost of work to do on the car im trying to keep this cost down a bit hahaha

yeah also jaymic charge £288 per servo for a rebuild (per servo) or about £350 each for a new one..... as i have lost of work to do on the car im trying to keep this cost down a bit hahaha

I bought a pair from Jaymic a few years ago for my Touring. Couldn't find anyone this side of the pond (at that time) that dealt with the twin Servo type. I've bought two '02s for less than the cost of those, but, it was good for peace of mind.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I believe the main problem with rebuilding T50s is getting hold of the seals. Try asking on http://www.02forum.co.uk .

thanks john, i will have a look when i get a chance, i think im still going to try to rebuild my own ones as i always love a challenge! worst thing that can happen is i try and rebuild mine and mess up and have to buy new ones or it works hahah