• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conserv

On 9/4/2016 at 10:30 PM, jdamm said:

+1 on this, i fitted a 74 snorkel nose to my early 73 tii, what a prick of a job, had to unstitch a few welds to get the panels to line up! started modifying the center to fit the early grill, then worked out the inside of the side grills dont fit (as your picture showed). i'm about to cut out my old center and stitch it into my new nose, looks like im going to need a lot of time and patience to get this looking right and as toby mentioned, make it look as close to stock as possible.

good luck with your nose, i'll have mine done in the next 2 weeks as im booked for paint..... i can post up some pick if that helps you in anyway?

20160112_152323.jpg

20160112_152343.jpg

20160112_152405.jpgYes please add pictures of the final work. Thank you 

20160115_113028.jpg

Yes Thanks, you're correct.  I have the earlier grills and tried them on the car.  It seems that using the earlier narrower center piece would provide the extra width to fit the outer grills.  I can report back after the body shop tries it!