• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc Alpina, Motorsport, GS Tuning decals

jmr_1602

post-37245-0-05853300-1453133541_thumb.j

BMW Motorsport Roundel overlay decals.

I based these on an early version of the Roundel when Texaco was still partnered with the BMW Motorsports division. The story goes, the warm red represents Texaco, blue for BMW and the purple is the melding of the two colors representing their partnership. I used Pantone spot colors to get these as close to the originals as possible.

I also made a greyscale version. This one was trickier, since I could not find any info or high resolution photos. I used my best judgement to match the colors of the Roundel found on the M1 steering wheel.

The Alpina decals are based off the early logos with the Cam and Carb.

Available sizes:

82mm Motorsport Roundel color $15 for 2

82mm Motorsport Roundel grey $15 for 2

40mm Alpina set of 4 - SOLD OUT

40 mmMotorsport roundel color - $15 for set of 4

40 mmMotorsport roundel grey - $15 for set of 4

35mm Alpina, Motorsport roundel, and GS Tuning decals (MOMO horn button size.) $3 a piece

Also available in small quantities.

Alpina bumper sticker $10

I also have one blank Momo Horn button that I applied with a greyscale roundel. $30 shipped comes with Alpina, GS Tuning and original motorsport roundel decals as well.

post-37245-0-19718300-1453133863_thumb.j

These are printed on high quality 3Mm IJ180CV3-10 vinyl material and finished with the appropriate 3M laminate (UV protected.) Ink is Eco Sol Max. The reps say these are good for 5 years outdoor durability. My printer thinks they say that to be on the safe side and that they probably will last longer.

These decals are aftermarket and are not licensed. They are for entertainment purposes only. I made these for my own 02 project, and added extras to avoid wasted vinyl.

Below is an image of the decal on a Borrani center cap courtesy of Nowherefast.

3585e3e110fc6be2b44caab79d55db48.jpg

Edited by jmr_1602

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I'll take a look at the horn button size on the Grant steering wheel that's coming today. I may pick up one if they are full spot colors. Can you add a photo real close up to show the registration and trapping of colors? If its going to be 18" from my face I've got to be picky.

Edited by theNomad

I'll take a look at the horn button size on the Grant steering wheel that's coming today. I may pick up one if they are full spot colors. Can you add a photo real close up to show the registration and trapping of colors? If its going to be 18" from my face I've got to be picky.

No problem. I'll take some detail shots when I get home tonight and post them here.

Regards,

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I bought a set of these from Jason and they are very good quality and fit perfect for what I needed. I am very happy with the stickers for my hub caps, they look great.

1d30748e575df0f78d2679038ee8c13b.jpg

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (sold)

A few too many steering wheels

Hey,

What's the size/diameter of the set of 4 motorsport roundels?

They are 40mm. Sorry for got to add that in the description.

Edited by jmr_1602

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Are the Motorsport overlays still available?

I have some left. What size are you looking for? It's probably easier to send me a reply via PM.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602