• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chevron B16 BMW Arrives

NeueKlasseGuy

I recently purchased a Chevron B16 with a BMW M10 engine in the back. The car came out of Italy, and has spent the last 9 years winning races in the Masters Series. Here's a video of its arrival in the US:

https://youtu.be/FyZXqOh3ccI

Please leave a comment, a like, or maybe a link?

Thanks.

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL      

Wow! Very nice! What vintage events will you be attending? Any chance of making it to the Glen in September? It is a very nice event with around 350-400 cars and an awesome festival in the village on Friday night. Would love to see that turning laps at the Glen (By the way, the track was just finished being paved in October and word is that its as smooth as glass!)

Wow! Very nice! What vintage events will you be attending? Any chance of making it to the Glen in September? It is a very nice event with around 350-400 cars and an awesome festival in the village on Friday night. Would love to see that turning laps at the Glen (By the way, the track was just finished being paved in October and word is that its as smooth as glass!)

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

Beautiful car, one of my favorites.  Reminds me a lot of the Porsche 910's (with a little less juice for power...the bmw that is).  I like the body style better on the Chevron.  I saw the end result of one that got stacked many years ago at Infineon (driver misjudged the speed of the car in front of him at about 130mph), that car I think had a Cosy FVA in it.

I am 100% sure you will have it at Monterey this summer, looking forward to seeing it.  Update on the CSL motor?  I saw a pic on Terry Tinney's FB page of some piston oilers going into a CSL block, yours or maybe Bill's.  PM or email me, so as to not drag your thread down.  Again, great car.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Like is a completely insufficient word for such a spectacular beautiful piece of art. Well done. Salivation, jealousy, worshipful adoration, mechanicalust still do not sufficiently convey my respect and admiration for your choice.

Bravo! 

Superlatives aren't sufficient.

Sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Very cool. Hopefully you'll let us west coasters know about a few of the car's planned track appearances. I'd love to go see it run. Any chance you'll bring it up to Pacific Raceways for the 4th of July weekend?

Looks like that door glass bubble saved you. I saw your head above the roof when you got in and thought "oh no!". :)

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Thank you all for your kind words. Can't wait to get her on track. Yes, Bob, the "Gurney Bubble" saved my bacon!

Tentatively here's the schedule for Dorothy for this year: April 1-3 @ Sonoma; April 9-10 @ Laguna Seca; August 13-21 @ Monterey Historics; Sept 30-Oct 2 @ Sonoma.

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL