• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of O'fest, who's planning to do the '04 event in Pa

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

program many years ago (60's/70's) - he got more education at the government's expense than any one person I've ever heard of.

Went something like this:

Electronics Technician "A" school - 1966

Nuke Power school - 1967

Nuke Prototype - 1967-68

Sub School - 1968

NeSep Program (full ride college @ Perdue Univ) 1968-71

Officer's Nuke Power & Nuke Prototype - 1971-72

He then opted out of subs after the Scorpion went down, and when the Navy didn't have any surface billets for nuke officers available, they sent him to flight school - he spent the remainder of his 20 year career flying classified ASW missions all over the world.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

staying? I want to bring both 02s to the fest, and maybe the M3 325 ic too. I would like to stay in a motel near the event site and definately near/same place as other 2002 friends. Please let me know if there is a place people are booking into- i will make reservation now. I plan to be there for the whole thing. Biggesat problem for me will be to get drivers to deliver the cars , but cover their event expenses. Maybe a 2002 October fest 2004 web loop/ring? Computer guys( Justin!): can this be done?

Guest Anonymous

Tournament of Roses Parade, Art Center College of Design) - maybe we could prevail on somebody who frequents the board and lives in the Pasadena/S. Pasadena/San Marino/Alhambra/Altadana area to do an on-location check of some of the moderately priced ($50-$90/night?) facilities and report back?

Personally, I'd like to be reasonably close to the host hotel, have safe off street parking and NOT be in an area where there's any worry about derelicts wandering through the lot....

Guest Anonymous

If its in pasadena, I could ride my bicycle to it. To protest cars in general!

I thought it was in SLO all the time..

They all said Pasadena is the center of the universe. Now, I know its true...

Guest Anonymous

Now, you have to drive down thru Santa Cruz and go to the surfers museum, and then to Big Sur to snap a pic of the Bixby bridge. Then there is the stop at 2002Haus to see the cats there, Crab cocktails at Morro Bay, and a food/shopping stop in downtown Santa Barbara is always good.

So in all, about 3 or 4 days.

Actually we just drove Dublin to Disneyland on last Saturday. We took 11 hours and that included: a coffee stop, a stop to see Rob T, Shopping & dinner at Santa Barbara. If you just drove the 101 w/ minimal stops, I think you could do it in 5-6 hours. I took it easy. I counted 9 CHP just on 101.