• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

out for a Chatsworth movie drive

OriginalOwner

horror of horrors:  it is raining in SoCal !!  So I decided to put a few miles on the '74tii for a photo run.

First stop:  Lone Ranger Rock in Chatsworth .......

1949+&+1956-rearing+up+at+LRR-noted.png

Lone%20Ranger%20Rock__74tii__31%20JAN%20

Second stop:  the train tracks above Chatsworth Park.  In the opening scene of the 1949 James Cagney movie "White Heat" you see a locomotive exiting the tunnel just above Chatsworth Park.  At Time 0:28 the camera pans back to long distance (and looks south across the San Fernando Valley) and at the lower right you see the train tracks curving:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVS7YP1w4G0

Here is that same camera vantage point, looking due south at that section of track in the rock cut.  At the "top" you see the tracks turning right toward the tunnel.  At the "bottom" you see the tracks turning left, which is the section of trackage seen in the Cagney movie ......

Train%20tracks_Chatsworth%20Park__74tii_

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

I was expecting something much larger

Clayton Moore and Silver both had a screen presence that was larger-than-life.   Same with an '02.

Besides, if Roy Rogers was around he might tell you "it" is much larger in B&W - on the big screen  -  or when it is not raining.  :P

http://a-drifting-cowboy.blogspot.com/2012/07/chatsworth-filming-location-chatsworth.html

Gunmen_of_Abilene.jpg

08_1949+Susanna+Pass.jpeg  

Edited by percy

• 1 year later...

time travel update,  July 2017

I was watching a 1939 James Cagney cowboy movie this morning, "Oklahoma Kid"  ...... and realized he was at the Lone Ranger Rock 77 years before I took that picture of my '74tii at that same location .....

52195_600x400.jpg 52194_600x400.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner