• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW Centennial Badge

mo02

I'm a little late to the program here but I'm super excited about this, be it a centennial BMW or a 50 years of 02 badge. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate the kind words.

I am still working on finalizing an idea and production options (a bit slower than I had hoped for).

I will keep the board updated.

Mo Faraz

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

You need to think graphically about design, particularly about sizing different elements. Start with variations in type while incorporating some 2002 large high contrast images in the background. Can vary text by screening for gray effects without additional cost for color. I mocked up a very quick text layout to give you some ideas (it doesn't necessarily have to be centered to work). Good luck.

post-36158-0-06485900-1456512796_thumb.g

Edited by nbcbird

Thanks, appreciated once again.  I just sent an email to BMW asking for permission to use 'Bayerische Motoren Werke' we'll see what happens.  The worse case scenario is they will deny me and try to steal my idea ^_^  .....kidding of course.

I may just nix any BMW affiliation just to be able to sleep at nights, but the body design, '50', & 'jahre' are thankfully available for free use.....

Mo

Edited by mo02

I mocked up a very quick text layout to give you some ideas (it doesn't necessarily have to be centered to work). Good luck.

I though "year" in German = Jahr, and "years" = Jahre, but it's been a while!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I though "year" in German = Jahr, and "years" = Jahre, but it's been a while!

John, you are 100% correct, this thread is starting to make me crazy....I guess I mean that in the kindest, most gentlest way possible...must be the love for 2002 that keeps me sane.

Mo

Quick update for you all, I would like to apologize about how this has progressed (mainly inconsistently).

I have contacted BMW customer service & they have forwarded my request to the proper department.  I have received word from one source regarding production (12 weeks timeline). 

There is one manufacturer in Germany I have contacted but yet to hear back from.  They apparently produce high quality metal stampings, but I will have to speak with them about cloisonné,

The design is close, I want to have a manufacturer ready first before posting a finalized design.

Thanks to all for your interest,

Mo Faraz

• 2 weeks later...

Design by committee never works and will kill your good intentions. Just go with your own best idea.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Hi Guy,

There is an updated thread and badge pre-order thread here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/178067-2002-50th-anniversary-grille-badge-pre-order/

The design is ready, I am just waiting on final manufacturing approval before I begin setting concrete dates and collecting funds from members.

Best wishes,

Mo Faraz

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, appreciated once again.  I just sent an email to BMW asking for permission to use 'Bayerische Motoren Werke' we'll see what happens.  The worse case scenario is they will deny me and try to steal my idea ^_^  .....kidding of course.

I may just nix any BMW affiliation just to be able to sleep at nights, but the body design, '50', & 'jahre' are thankfully available for free use.....

Mo

I just received word yesterday from Eileen Paletta, BMW's executive customer communications manager.  She sent me a very kind and somewhat lengthy email describing why they (BMW Munich) do not allow the use of BMW's branding.

In a nutshell, it is impossible to regulate how the brand gets marketed hence the automatic denial of all request.  I think areas such as car clubs & shows where BMW has a direct involvement are the best way of using the brand name & logo.

Its not important now, but an interesting bit of information I wanted to share with fellow FAQ members.

Best wishes,

Mo Faraz