• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600ti fs in europe

NickVyse

Here are a couple of what look to be real ti's for sale, one 1600, one 2002.  Both have been for sale for quite a while.

The Owner/restorer of the 2002ti must be colour blind. Orange exterior & blue interior!!!!

post-32042-0-05985800-1455137352_thumb.j

post-32042-0-79324100-1455137352_thumb.j

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

The Owner/restorer of the 2002ti must be colour blind. Orange exterior & blue interior!!!!attachicon.gif2002ti 1.jpgattachicon.gif2002ti 2.jpg

So.....maybe not factory Colorado, or maybe not a factory blue interior. Or maybe neither!

Oddly, I recall from a few years back, a thread in which a ti owner said something akin to "I have a Colorado ti with a black interior currently but which shows evidence of a navy blue interior originally." I didn't believe this, of course, because I heard neither the a.) evidence of a navy blue interior, nor b.) evidence that the evidence was original to the car! I wonder if this is the same car.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

So.....maybe not factory Colorado, or maybe not a factory blue interior. Or maybe neither!

Oddly, I recall from a few years back, a thread in which a ti owner said something akin to "I have a Colorado ti with a black interior currently but which shows evidence of a navy blue interior originally." I didn't believe this, of course, because I heard neither the a.) evidence of a navy blue interior, nor b.) evidence that the evidence was original to the car! I wonder if this is the same car.

Regards,

Steve

Uhm, that owner... was me.

When I bought the car, its seats were redone in nasty black vinyl. Upon stripping the interior i found original looking blue carpet against the rear kick plate. The rest was grey. I also found strips of blue vinyl under the rear seats.

Nothing concrete I guess.

Anyway. This is not my car btw. Mine is still undergoing restoration.

Edited by Cyclone101

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I will try and dig up some pictures. I know I took many of the stripping process.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Great! Thank you.

U.S.-spec cars with navy blue interiors received the multi-gray (a.k.a., salt-and-pepper) carpets up until '74, when one-piece carpet was introduced with the square taillight body. So I've never seen original blue carpeting in a round taillight '02. But I admit I don't know all the carpet color possibilities with Euro-spec cars, and a ti is certainly Euro-spec. As of the November 1968 all-models paint and upholstery brochure (shown below), only black all-vinyl and brown cloth-and-vinyl interiors are shown as available with Colorado. And Colorado, of course, was only available on ti's at that point in time.

Had even the 4 door cards of your ti been re-done in the nasty black vinyl? How about the rear parcel shelf?

Although I find it hard to believe that Colorado would be matched with a navy blue interior, stranger things have happened, and the appearance of this (above) Colorado ti with a navy blue interior needs to be noted. This assumes, of course, that the Colorado ti discussed above is a factory Colorado car.

Thanks and regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-54990000-1455154619_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

Some more info about the bluelorado ti:

http://www.genesis-it.de/BMW/

Hen

Whoa! I guess it needed some work. And it was obviously not a factory Colorado car; it looks to have been Bristol, or Polaris, both of which were generally paired with a Navy Blue interior -- if the Navy Blue interior is even original to this car. I would have thought, however, that such a high-end restoration, certainly a very costly restoration, would have returned the car to its factory color! But I suppose Colorado sells!

Thanks, Hen.

Best regards,

Steve