• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600ti fs in europe

NickVyse

Caveat emptor.

This is advertised on a few sites, and whilst it is undoubtedly a lovely car, it's not a real ti as stated, but a replica.

http://www.carcave.be/portfolio/1967-bmw-1600-ti#

Replica? Haven't seen it up close, other than the opening for the winter intake air warmer, I don't see a lot to complain about. Ad expressly points to it being the real deal. Radio above the speaker which looks unusual to me, but the other telltale signs seem to point to a ti, though modified. Certainly closer than the one below which may be "real" but has more obvious deviations like incorrect mirrors among other things.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

85,000 Euros and not a chassis number to be seen. It looks rather over "restored" to me. Same with the 1600. It seems fundamental to me to provide some proof that what you claim something is, actually is. What are they trying to hide?

+1

It's that simple! A ti is defined by it's VIN. What do you gain by not disclosing the VIN on a car whose value depends greatly on that VIN? Unless...you're hoping to find a truly un-informed buyer, one who blindly believes you when you say "Trust me, it's a real ti"!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Replica? Haven't seen it up close, other than the opening for the winter intake air warmer, I don't see a lot to complain about. Ad expressly points to it being the real deal. Radio above the speaker which looks unusual to me, but the other telltale signs seem to point to a ti, though modified. Certainly closer than the one below which may be "real" but has more obvious deviations like incorrect mirrors among other things.

Vin number: 1525732, not the real deal. 

Apparently now sold to the south of France (not me!) - hope the new owner knows it's just a lovely conversion of a standard 1600-2

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

The green (Turf?) 1600 VIN checks out as a ti.  The Colorado car, it's hard to say.  A lot of the details on the unrestored car look correct (battery tray, airbox brackets), but who knows without the VIN?  I think was one case, assuming it's a real ti, where a color change was a mistake.  

That's a very busy auxiliary console below the steering column...  

1971 2002ti

Whoa! I guess it needed some work. And it was obviously not a factory Colorado car; it looks to have been Bristol, or Polaris, both of which were generally paired with a Navy Blue interior -- if the Navy Blue interior is even original to this car. I would have thought, however, that such a high-end restoration, certainly a very costly restoration, would have returned the car to its factory color! But I suppose Colorado sells!

Thanks, Hen.

Best regards,

Steve

The car was on Ebay Germany a few years ago and it was stated the original colour was Chamonix.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Hi,

Didn't see the serial number, but you are absolutely right. I would think based on the text, its a clear misrepresentation, good for the lawyers. I have owned a ti for 16 years, but the history before I bought it is murky as I only have the German title going back to 1983 and last registered 1984. I have never stripped the offside wing to check for manipulation, but I have thought about doing it. I only paid a small premium at the time so it would only be a loss on paper. The serial nr. is real, it was always colorado and has no glaring departures from original, though the nose has been replaced...You never know unless its really documented or you are the first owner.

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight