• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002 in Philadelphia, PA

Mark92131

Year:: 1971

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 11000.00

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along.  A 1971 BMW 2002 in Red over Black.  Only 2 pictures, trim delete, flares, air dam, driving lights, recarro seats, turbo look console, white gauges, nicely exterior mods, could be a nice car for someone.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5449133126.html

post-33686-0-67358600-1455574088_thumb.j

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

No word back from the owner... has anyone else heard anything?

Unfortunately, all the bad signs...

1)Limited info in FS ad (an obvious cut and paste due to repetitive "EXTERIOR EXTERIOR COLOR"

2)Limited pics (only two in this car

3)Recently spotted (maybe) FS in a different state

4)An alleged PA car with no PA safety inspection sticker in the windscreen.

5)Very quick and limited response first email and no further communications despite replies '

"Hello, Thanks for your interest. Can you send me your e-mail? I will send you pictures and more details."

Wrote back when an email, asking for the VIN and when I could come see it to a deafening silence :(

But as Dumas said The Count of Monte Cristo "All human wisdom is contained in these words: Wait and hope!"

I am hoping against hope the guy/gal is just too busy to get back to me. This is the first 02 roundie that has come up in this region in a while...

Update..

Sadly... 100% fraud...

I hope the admin is ok with it but i was going to post both emails i received from this scammer so it comes up in google searches... these guys are pretty lazy and will usually just cut and paste messages....

they are using the old ebay protection BS...

an uncle of mine came close to falling for this one like this...other only way i could convince my uncle that his mx-5 was never going to show up was to google it and show him a carbon copy of the letter sent to him addressed to someone else..

Second reply

Hi, my name is Laura, happy to see you are interested in my car. This is a beautiful 1971 BMW 2002 in very good condition. Always garaged. Very clean both on inside and outside!  Manual Transmission, 47,800 miles. Has a clean title, free of damages or accidents of any type. Ready to go anywhere! 
I am selling it at this price $11,000 because my husband died 2 months ago (he had a heart attack) and brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it asap. I decided to sell the house and I moved to my parents in Topeka, KS trying to start a new life.
If you have any other questions, or need more info and photos, please feel free to ask.
Thank you

Third reply

Good morning Omer, I have attached more pictures. It is actually located in Topeka, KS ready for delivery. The sale goes through eBay purchase protection and they will take care of delivery. They holds and insures your money until we complete the sale. As soon as eBay has your payment they will start the delivery to your address, delivery costs are included. You have 5 days to get it checked out and take it to a dealership or to a mechanic. There's also a rejection policy in case it is not as described or if you find any problems. In this case I will pay for the returning fees and eBay will automatically refunds your payment. 
What is required to proceed is your full name, delivery address and a phone number, I will forward your info to eBay to be filed in and they will issue your invoice to start the sale-purchase process.
Sincerely,
Laura