• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress on the F Bomb (photo heavy, baby)

wegweiser

No way I'll have it all back together in time for Mid-America. It'll be a struggle to get it finished and "shaken down" before Winston-Salem, at best.

And my long term plan is to drive it to Monterey in August. :D

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Curious  to what product number you used for " Glasurit-RM epoxy/etch primer"

I thought the etch primer and epoxy primer were separate products. 

Shit you can paint my engine bay... after the frame  rail weld of course    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

dlm  ny country

No way I'll have it all back together in time for Mid-America. It'll be a struggle to get it finished and "shaken down" before Winston-Salem, at best.

And my long term plan is to drive it to Monterey in August. :D

Asheville for this years Vintage...don't make me come over there, I'll just slow you down trying to help.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Hope to see you and the F-bomb in Asheville this May. I did the Carmel/Monterey car events on the cheap a few years ago, so I'm not willing to spend a fortune to do the same thing in 2016. My free place to stay and the free-to-use black E39 will be no more since Mary's Aunt Aggie is moving out of Carmel soon! I will attend Mid America 2002 Fest and Vintage at Saratoga this year.

Edited by Denker

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Curious  to what product number you used for " Glasurit-RM epoxy/etch primer"

I thought the etch primer and epoxy primer were separate products. 

Shit you can paint my engine bay... after the frame  rail weld of course    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

dlm  ny country

I'll snap a photo of the can. I believe it to be both epoxy and etching. Pale green as shown here:

post-34474-0-54535300-1456273672_thumb.j

Paul Wegweiser

Had a slow day at the shop, so I was able to make continued progress on the beast. Re-wrapped the entire engine bay area harness and installed a few shiny things. 

this is going to be good.  need cameras handy when folks come over to the f-bomb with its patina, then you open the hood and they see clean!  :D

2xM3

I'm about to install a NOS Bosch red coil that has never seen daylight. Not silver with red sticker….but entirely RED. I'll keep my old red one as backup. THAT'S how this is going to be played. It will be lots of fun. And I even installed the coolant and battery decals crookedly…because lining them up perfectly is a classic rookie mistake on a 2002

I might be turning in to "that guy".

Paul Wegweiser

I'm about to install a NOS Bosch red coil that has never seen daylight. Not silver with red sticker….but entirely RED. I'll keep my old red one as backup. THAT'S how this is going to be played. It will be lots of fun. And I even installed the coolant and battery decals crookedly…because lining them up perfectly is a classic rookie mistake on a 2002. 

I might be turning in to "that guy".

Look like this one on my 69?

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7174.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"