• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 - $15000 (Los angeles)

repoman

Year:: 1976

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Not mine...just passing it along...looks real clean!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5459935148.html

1976 BMW 2002 Sahara with Tan interior

Factory Sunroof, window out 2 stage paint job

New headliner, carpet, seats fabric, new window

Rubber, new Rota wheels 15x7, new Dunlop dirraza 102s, KYB gas shocks, Nardi steering wheel.

Weber carb, fog lights, new brakes, new drive shaft bushing. Have original air cleaner

Motor, trans, and rear end was changed, Lo mileage. Runs excellent, no leaks

post-37126-0-81605000-1456185836_thumb.j

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Couldn't resist. Interesting history and plenty of documentation. I have yet to see it in person but after reviewing more photos and talking to the owner, it certainly seems to be as portrayed. Will follow up with more info after I bring it to its new home. THANK YOU, FAQ!!

Congratulations. It would be interesting to know the original colour, as it was White a year ago.

post-32042-0-36303200-1456465149_thumb.j

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Many questions will surely be answered when I finally get my hands on the car and records. Right now, the seller is traveling - and as he returns I will be doing the same. So, I am some weeks away from picking this car up. But looking at the photos of docs that he provided, the car had been white for some time. The original purchase order photo does not show the color, but I'm sure when I see the other docs, and see the engine compartment, more details will come out. The repaint looks very thorough. Could have been Sahara new, then white, then back to original - or who knows? Forty years is a long time ....

Many questions will surely be answered when I finally get my hands on the car and records. Right now, the seller is traveling - and as he returns I will be doing the same. So, I am some weeks away from picking this car up. But looking at the photos of docs that he provided, the car had been white for some time. The original purchase order photo does not show the color, but I'm sure when I see the other docs, and see the engine compartment, more details will come out. The repaint looks very thorough. Could have been Sahara new, then white, then back to original - or who knows? Forty years is a long time ....

What's the vin?

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

Congrats Xavmech! Mine is the same year with some of the same goodies.

Once you get the vin number simply email julia.oberndoerfer@bmwgroup.com and she will tell you the original color and when it was delivered to the US. 

-Robert

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

Thanks, Robert!

I'll make it a point to get a msg off to Julia today. While I'm some weeks off from taking possession of the car due both the seller and myself having travel obligations, I do have some of the details - including the VIN.

Looking forward to getting started on this fine old automobile!

Regards,

Bill

Thanks, Robert!

I'll make it a point to get a msg off to Julia today. While I'm some weeks off from taking possession of the car due both the seller and myself having travel obligations, I do have some of the details - including the VIN.

Looking forward to getting started on this fine old automobile!

Regards,

Bill

2002 US VIN 2371423 was manufactured on September 17th, 1975 and delivered on September 30th, 1975 to BMW of North America. The original colour was Chamonix, paint code 085

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

2002 US VIN 2371423 was manufactured on September 17th, 1975 and delivered on September 30th, 1975 to BMW of North America. The original colour was Chamonix, paint code 085

As previously noted, an unusual color change: Chamonix to Sahara. Someone had a long-simmering hankering for that Sahara '02 he sold/totaled in '80!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

"Value" may rest with how this old machine fulfills my quest as the new owner, as prices do seem to vary. The drive home will hopefully confirm my opinion. As to the color, I once bought a 356C that was black - turned out that it left the factory in a sort of slate grey. I eventually returned it to its original color. I like both the Sahara and the Chamonix. Who knows, but unlike the old Porsche, my plans for this car don't have anything to do with "showing" it. As most of you could probably agree, once started - these projects tend to take on a direction of their own. Thanks to all of you for your comments and input. The experience and helpfulness of this Forum's members is very much appreciated.

Bill