• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 Tii in Kennewick, WA

Mark92131

Year:: 1974

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002 Tii

Price:: 4750.00

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along.  A 1974 BMW 2002 Tii in Malaga over Tan interior.  Needs new front fenders, probably a sunroof car from the rust pattern, AC, nice tidy interior.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/5473290479.html

post-33686-0-45128000-1457031705_thumb.j

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Interesting.....this ad also states to "give me a call", however, like the last ad, no phone number was provided....hmmm

Edited by repoman

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Hey Guys-

I've been in contact with the owner who seems like a good guy. I bowed out as he can't get the trunk open so he cannot send me photos of the rear wheel wells.

Does anyone know the car?

James (in NJ)

James,

While, yes, it sure would be nice to see a rust-prone area of a car you intend to buy, you can get a fairly good sense of the rear wheel well rust by the following: ask the seller if he's willing to remove the rear seat, and send you photos of the rear wheel wells and subframe mounts from that perspective (on square taillights, a single 10mm bolt secures the back seat bottom cushion and two screws secure the backrest -- it lifts up and off the top hooks). Then get some photos from within the wheel wells, above the rear tires. If these two views display any rust, it will likely be even worse in the trunk; but if these two views reveal nothing but surface rust, the "in-trunk" condition is likely good, or not too bad! At this price point, I would almost expect rust! If the spare tire well is rusted through, a couple of photos from under the car will tell 80% of the story!

Happy hunting,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hello.  I just purchased this car yesterday and brought it home to my shop in Spokane.  I paid $5,500 for it.  I was able to open the trunk easily with the trunk key.  The trunk was pristine with every item in it's place and never removed!  Looks literally like brand new but covered in dust.  The interior is also pristine, just covered in dust.  Not a scratch or crack anywhere on the dash or console.  I inspected every inch and the the only rust anywhere on this car is from the sunroof where it drained into the front drivers side fender and rocker panels on both sides.  The rest of the car is completely rust free, absolutely stock (like a time capsule).  It was in a storage unit for the last 26 years (the tabs are 1990) The young man I bought it from inherited it from his grandpa.  His grandpa's best friend bought it new and they both enjoyed it.  They even took it to the Bob Bondurant driving school together when new.  The friend sold it to the grandpa.  The grandpa dented the front and rear bumpers, stopped driving it and put it in storage in 1990.  The grandson attempted to get it running and it did start and run for a few minutes then "seemed like it ran out of gas".  I told him that more than likely the tank, lines, fuel pump and fuel injection system just clogged up.  The car also has A/C.  In the glovebox was every item the car came with new.  I am very pleased with this purchase and will start working on it soon!  I had a 1972 2002 automatic/AC car a few years ago.  It was dark green with brown interior.  It was a pretty nice car but I never like really fixing that one up.  This one, I am very excited about bringing it back to life!

I inspected every inch and the the only rust anywhere on this car is from the sunroof where it drained into the front drivers side fender and rocker panels on both sides.

This would make me nervous even at $5500 . . .  

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged