• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I shredded my rear cards taking them out. Don't ask. Now I need to fix my screw up and make new ones, I was thinking about making flush ones that don't have the concave like the stock ones because I don't really know how I would re-create them. Has anyone done this?

Be patient, someone's bound to have some rear quarter door cards whose backing is in decent shape.  That concavity in the OEM ones is what provides the passengers back there with some elbow room.

Bet you didn't push up on yours when removing 'em.  They come off the same way as the door cards, except they don't have any plastic clips to hold 'em in place.  That function is provided by the seat back and cushion.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hello myFirst1600,

what color is your interior?  I'm not very knowledgeable about the 1600.  Are the rear cards the same as a 2002?  I've got a pair of dark blue (navy) 2002 rear door cards that are in good shape I would be willing to sell ($75 for the pair).  I live close to the Aptos area too.  Aptos High class of '80 ;)

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Yeah as per Mike you will find a set of these rears are easy to find fronts in good shape are Rare. you need the concave to make the armrest work

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way