• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina kits history

rich2002tii

I found this (refer to picture) on a recent eBay listing for an Alpina 2002. Can anybody verify/expand on this information. The more I know about this Alpina stuff the more I want it :lol: 

Thanks, Rich

post-49326-0-44366400-1458251638_thumb.p

1973 2002tii, riviera blue, 45mm Weber dual side draft carbs (itg foam filter), ansa exhaust

I cant say much about this build....

I only see the  text you link us too.

so does the car have orig alpina bits?....its not clear to me.

Anyhew,,,,,....

for many of us real alpina bits is like crack...its a habit that once you are exposed to it...u cant get enough.

that being said, many folks add a few alpina bits and kinda say its an alpina..lol..when its not.

Just noticed you have dual 48s?.....what is your comp ratio..just curious.....those are huge for a street car.

Edited by jrkoupe

I spent 10 years building my last 02 as an Alpina A1/A2 clone….before the invention of the intranets. The wheels alone, took me 5 years to source. Kids these days have it so easy! (laughing)

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Most of of the basical infomation in the posted text is correct. FWIK most of the included numbers are not, though.

E.g. production respectively selling of the A4 kits started in late 72 / early 73. Conversions of cars directly at Alpina in Buchloe took place up until early/mid 80s min. Additionally I can´t really believe in a total production of only 186 kits with what I´ve bought, sold and seen in the past about 25 years.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Here's some cool eye candy: http://www.ebay.com/...em=391401745800

this looks like another "how much will this go for" game... only 22 hours left.

This makes me wonder: 

5-Speed Dogleg gearbox from an Alpina 2002 racer. Close ratio gearbox with a longer 5th gear

Aren't Dogleg transmissions  high gear supposed to be 1:1, direct drive?  Wouldn't a 'longer 5th gear' and a Dogleg gear box be mutually exclusive?   or should I just sleep?

Edited by xferboy

this looks like another "how much will this go for" game... only 22 hours left.

This makes me wonder: 

5-Speed Dogleg gearbox from an Alpina 2002 racer. Close ratio gearbox with a longer 5th gear

Aren't Dogleg transmissions  high gear supposed to be 1:1, direct drive?  Wouldn't a 'longer 5th gear' and a Dogleg gear box be mutually exclusive?   or should I just sleep?

Hi,

it is existing a kind of CR 5Speed gearbox with a bit longer 1st gear and 5th gear (not dogleg), but the 5th gear is a bit shorter than the normal 245 but not 1:1 ( I believe it was 0,89 instead of 0,87) . It is the gearbox of the E21 Alpina B6 2.8 (the housing looks like a normal Getrag 245) . Maybe the car have this gearbox. I have tested such a gearbox last year in october on the Nordschleife with the long "Döttinger Höhe" , but it was no advantage. I will take only my 235/6 and /8 and everything is good;-)

Regards

W.

Just noticed you have dual 48s?.....what is your comp ratio..just curious.....those are huge for a street car.

Previous owner did it. I really have no other information about the engine. But last week I tried starting it (charged battery, new air filter, fuel filter) after sitting for four months and it cranked but couldn't get it to start. It usually starts right up. Last time I ran it, I sprayed a good amount of carb cleaner in there, could that have gunked up the jets or something after letting it sit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-2002-ALPINA-Tii-/172073145375?nma=true&si=jNZJfj7nFjikp39zAKnKdNTBay8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

^That was the car BTW

1973 2002tii, riviera blue, 45mm Weber dual side draft carbs (itg foam filter), ansa exhaust