• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schnitzer Twin Cam .... todays update

markmac

Had to drop some parts off up at my engine builders today, pretty cool, I am really happy with what I see.  Just need to chase down a few odds/ends.  Injection slide will go on next and pump and then just some buttoning up and on the dyno.  Other than a new set of injection lines most everything is ready for final assembly.  Very happy.  Guessing that aesthetically it didn't look this good when Alpina ran it.

post-38814-0-16681300-1458860191_thumb.j

post-38814-0-50564900-1458860213_thumb.j

post-38814-0-36406500-1458860239_thumb.j

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

photo 2.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Tx.  As I have alluded to before, this motor has been at this shop for incredible amount of time.  Most shops  wouldn't go for it, and if I had to guess this one wouldn't do it again.  One thing that did keep that relationship healthy was that I always kept even money wise.  I would say, it is unlikely that there is a better example of one of these anywhere in the world.  Bold maybe, but based on all the super trick and state-of-the-art parts, pieces, plating etc., I don't think so.  When we started the project we had the discussion that yes it had to perform and run on the highest level and the same time look just as good.  Both will be achieved.  There was some push back on that (the make it pretty part), but now I get a call about in part they plan to put back on that they think won't meet my standard (freeze plugs was the discussion yesterday....)It is a pricey expedition though (I jrecently llearned today that I paid for a "dyno header" to be made as the one that came off the car was so sketchy he was afraid it would fall a part....and that part is only good enough to do the dyno runs so I can't use it to make the new one i need for the car...sh*t).  It is what it is and Monterey is fast approaching - too fast.

Oh. My. Goodness.  Ever so cool.  Every 02 owner's dream!

Please bring it to the CCA Ofest concours.  I wanna do a story on the car!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 3 weeks later...

Down to the last few details.  New fuel injection line material/fittings ordered from Lucas Development in the UK - those will have a slightly different routing, new plug wires being made up + about ten other odd jobs.  The air box backing plate has seen better days, but it is an original part so a little clean up I think and then call it good.  Looking forward to getting it on the dyno in the next couple of weeks.  Not too worried about it really, but will be holding my breath on that first start up.

038.JPG032.JPG030.JPG