• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schnitzer Twin Cam .... todays update

markmac

Sorry about that folks, I am video rook, the videos were downloaded on to you tube and bits and pieces cut (like having the camera pointed down at my feet, no need to have to watch that).  I do have them marked as "public" so there shouldn't be an issue.  I have another short one of one of the dyno runs....I think I need a lesson on posting video before I put that one up.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

This is one of the full power runs we did on up to 8300 RPM, short but sweet.  Nite quite a "sewing maching" and of course the audio is from the outside of an insulated room.  They were having all sorts of problems with the data acquisition last week and thought it was a circuit board.  Replaced the circuit board.  Same problems.  Apparently the unsuppressed wires were interfering with the electronics.  He replaced them with 7mm copper core wires and problem solved.  Funny enough, the one color photo I have of the engine showed yellow spark plug wires.  I will say this, there is no way you would ever want to consider building a motor like this and not put it on a dyno.  Aside from breaking the motor in so that it is ready to run, an injection line let loose (again) and had to be re-made, several small oil leaks presented themselves (now corrected) and of course general tuning / fine tuning and adjustment.  I was lucky in the sense that i paid a nominal extra for this service since the builder owns the dyno and is in his shop.  I don't know what the costs would be to do it independently, but I have to think it would be a pretty decent chunk of change - lots of time just in the set up.  Enjoy.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

oh yesssss.... That. Is. AWESOME !!!!!

What a magnificent sound.  Love it, love it, love it.  

Thanks for sharing!

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

That looked like 275 HP still putting on the power at 7-8000 RPM , that's very impressive great power curve I would imagine.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

• 1 month later...

Somewhere, some place I have that number.  Once upon a time I had a NOS Schnitzer head, I did in fact have it measured before I sold it.  Not sure where I put that info.  I will try to get that at some point and let you know.  It was pretty common to mill the cr&p out of the head in order to get the compression up.  If it has been milled anywhwere up near close to where the "Schnitzer" logo is cast into the head on the intake side, it has been milled a lot.  I have a post somewhere on my blog on this.  Do a search on my blog and you should be able to find it.  If not let me know and i will dig it out for you.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com