• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Bavaria value?

Harland

Does anyone know if this would be worth picking up?

Its in a guys lot with hundreds of old cars and trucks, its kinda just rotting there.

I love the look of these and it has the 3.0 M30 with manual trans.

The rear windshield and most of the door windows are shattered, (havent been able to find a replacements)

Motor looks really clean, would be a lot of work but i can probably get it for pretty cheap.

Or maybe buy it to part it out.

Sorry in advanced if i am posting this in the wrong location.

Thanks  

Erik

IMG_3632.jpg

bmw2002walnut,st_opt (1).jpg

74' 2002

5 hours ago, Hans said:

That would be a labour of love. If it has been there for any time, the bottom is likely toast.  Parts maybe, You 'd do better to find one that is running. Under 10K should get something nice.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, buy it just for the parts. I hate to see that car rot away with a seemingly good M30 with the duel carb manifolds. Sounded like i could get it for around 300$.

Thanks for your input.

74' 2002

Seen some e3s that have succumbed to our good ole friend Mr Rust after the wonderful corrosion treatments received at the factory (NOT), and some others that have been spared. Being a manual it's well worth as a parts car and maybe a labor of love if still solid. They do ride great and that panoramic greenhouse feel is second to none. Hopefully the block was spared or did not have that thermal reactor that cracked so many otherwise good torquey engines. At $300 it would be well worth it. At this time still undervalued like some 02s and sixers. you can find a few more details on the e9 site as many components were shared with the CS coupes. The one I found sat in storage for 10+ years and after an oil and PITA oil filter/canister fired up smoothly after a dozen cranks or so (the starting fluid did help :-)  ); that exhaust note is  also a great nostalgic sound. Best of luck!!

16 hours ago, laharbimmer said:

Seen some e3s that have succumbed to our good ole friend Mr Rust after the wonderful corrosion treatments received at the factory (NOT), and some others that have been spared. Being a manual it's well worth as a parts car and maybe a labor of love if still solid. They do ride great and that panoramic greenhouse feel is second to none. Hopefully the block was spared or did not have that thermal reactor that cracked so many otherwise good torquey engines. At $300 it would be well worth it. At this time still undervalued like some 02s and sixers. you can find a few more details on the e9 site as many components were shared with the CS coupes. The one I found sat in storage for 10+ years and after an oil and PITA oil filter/canister fired up smoothly after a dozen cranks or so (the starting fluid did help :-)  ); that exhaust note is  also a great nostalgic sound. Best of luck!!

Right on, yeah the motor looked surprisingly good. It would take some serious time and money to get the interior back to life, (thanks to some idiot kids doing exactly what i would have done when i was young) i.e. breaking out all the windows.

Thanks for the info laharbimmer!

13 hours ago, bmdubl02 said:

Might do better to grab one of those Ford trucks in the background.....

juz zayin.

He also has about 20 cummins 12 valves for cheap too. So my buddy and i are going to try and pic up an old truck (probably a Diamond T) and swap in the 12 valve.

74' 2002

The engine might look good, but after sitting for so long, may have rusted bores, or other issues. Few people park a good car in a field to sit for no reason, so I'd assume there was some problem. Just finding and replacing a door window would be a major undertaking. I'm not sure you'd get $300 worth of parts, and why go to the trouble of removing and storing parts if you don't actually need them. Plus unless someone removed the brake pads, that sucker won't go anywhere. As I said, better to find a more advanced start point if you want one. I expect that one will be there for some time, so you can come back and pick as needed.